Depth
Depth Workshop
Create and submit new items (such as weapon skins) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites.
Learn More
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ray 17 Jan 29, 2017 @ 6:25am
Depth Workshop FAQ

To fellow content creators: feel free to link this FAQ in your item description.

How can I make skins?

This guide will help you get started:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1098514641

Is there anything important I should know about making skins?

Copyright is a very important issue. If you do not respect it, you may get into legal trouble. You can read about copyright HERE

Another important thing - graphics tablet is very handy for making skins. If you have no experience with drawing or digital art, please be aware that getting good at making skins takes a lot of time and effort.

How can I use skins from workshop in game?

Simple answer - you can't. Not in the public matchmaking at least. You can however "playtest" skins. How to playtest skins:

For weapons skins you need to subscribe and you can test it from the Private Match tab against bots. It's that simple.

For sharks it gets tricky. Shark skins aren't fully supported yet. But if you REALLY want to playtest it then it goes like this. First - you need to download the SDK (Depth Editor) from here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335640/
It's free so don't worry. It has quite a few gigabytes though.

Important note: with SDK downloaded you have two instances of the game installed, so please be very specific about the folder locations that I will point out or the shark skin won't work!

Secondly - subscribe and download shark skin that you want to playtest. After downloading the skin you need to find location where your Steam folder is located and then go as follow:

Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 274940 > [now you need to find a folder with the skin number, guessing game] > .upk file

The file should have contain the name of the skin, for example: 76561198042691070_Mako_Stardust.upk. Copy that. Now navigate to:

Steam > steamapps > common > Depth > SDK > DepthGame > Content > Characters > Sharks > [Folder with shark species that this skin belongs to] > Skins

Paste it to the Skins folder. Now you need to find a DepthEd.exe of the SDK version (it won't launch from your usual Depth Launcher or through steam). Navigate to:

Steam > steamapps > common > Depth > SDK > Binaries > [either Win32 or Win64 folder, depends on your system, but no harm in trying both of them] > DepthEd.exe

Launch it and start a Private Game with bots. From here you can playtest the shark skin.

If by any chance your game crashes when chosing the specific skin - try it again, should work when you'll try for the second time.

How are skins accepted into the game?

All of the workshop skins are submissions to the crate system. Developers need to accept the skins to the crate and then they become available as a random drop from a crate that can be bought in Store tab in-game.

More detail on how the crate system works can be found HERE
Last edited by Ray; Jan 6, 2018 @ 1:00am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
WernerZ Mar 15, 2017 @ 2:12am 
Cool this really helps! Thanks!!
Ray 17 Mar 26, 2017 @ 10:43am 
Originally posted by SirPolkadot:
i is not working for me

What exactly isn't working?
Ray 17 Mar 27, 2017 @ 3:32am 
I've heard that for some people this method isn't working for sharks that are already accepted into the game as part of treasure, but just to be sure I went and checked it. Tested it on thresher Koi and few other sharks, I had no issue, everything works fine.
Last edited by Ray; Mar 27, 2017 @ 3:34am
эх я думал это как гарис мод
NickiDeev Apr 7, 2017 @ 7:40pm 
i don't have those folders like the SDK,content,sharks,characters,skins, etc...
how to do it?
Sinopia 2 Apr 7, 2017 @ 9:00pm 
Originally posted by xXNicki-DeevXx:
i don't have those folders like the SDK,content,sharks,characters,skins, etc...
how to do it?
You have to download the SDK first. It's in the original post.
codyhood Apr 10, 2017 @ 3:44pm 
I did everything you said but it didnt work
Dinner 8 Apr 10, 2017 @ 6:14pm 
Originally posted by codyhood:
I did everything you said but it didnt work

What aspect didn't work?
Cayde-Bruh Apr 14, 2017 @ 1:20pm 
thx this worked for me:steamhappy::steamhappy:
Unknown
gustavoz9 Apr 23, 2017 @ 1:15pm 
The color of my shark does not appear
Bananameister May 14, 2017 @ 6:06pm 
I downloaded SDK but it won't show up in my folders
Riptide May 25, 2017 @ 3:43pm 
Everything worked out just fine but when I equipped the skin it didn't show up. Anyone know what I did wrong?
Calpole Jun 1, 2017 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by RipTide🐺🐲🐟:
Everything worked out just fine but when I equipped the skin it didn't show up. Anyone know what I did wrong?

I did the same, the skin won't show up for me either. :/
Who the fuck 2 Jun 17, 2017 @ 8:28am 
Did everything said here in this guide, and some skins do work, others don't even appear and others appear but with the default skin. Any suggestions?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Per page: 1530 50