Steam Greenlight
Excuritas 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.31
Greenlight is slowing down? / Maybe dying ?
Why i am thinking this?
Lets face the truth, games that get submitted these days just have like 10-50 comments.
Furthermore the discussion threads aren't that crowded anymore.

So will Greenlight die? Or will it rise again and just needs some time for people to realize that their vote can change what games are available on Steam?
I dont rly get it and as the leader of the Greenlights Juwels group im worried, since most people in our group just doing nothing, playing games that are allready on Steam.

Nothing is wrong with that, but i cant understand how most people dont care for Greenlight.
We have up to 900 People in this group and only 10-20 are active.
My mods tell me i just have to wait but for what ?
I dont see any way Greenlight will grow again and thats rly sad since i was so hyped for this, making this group and stuff...

We even have threads where you can ask the devs anything you want, and most devs of Greenlight games are in the boat allready.
My idea was to support many of these devs and their games as good as i/we can to make it to Steam but right now everything just stands still.

What do you think ? Please tell me your opinions about this.
Will Greenlight grow again or is this really the end ?

Best regards,
Excuritas

PS: Sorry for my ♥♥♥♥♥♥ english :X

Our Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Greenlights_Jewels
Our Collections: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Excuritas/myworkshopfiles/?section=collections
Sist redigert av Excuritas; 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.32
< >
Viser 115 av 92 kommentarer
Yuga-Suggah 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.40 
I think it is a great idea.
WaaghMan 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.50 
Reason Greenlight is dying is because people doesn't see their effort rewarded: 10 games Greenlit in 2 months, only 1 of them released.
Seraphita 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.52 
Greenlight is not dying, the hype is just not around anymore. There was 800 games since the start and they have all been voted for or against... There's nothing anymore to see unless people want to discuss or comment. Until new games come and such, which still need a donation of 100$ per users. You can't expect seeing a permanent flow of activity.
Excuritas 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.59 
@WaaghMan True, that seems to be a good reason.
@Sera There are new games everyday you know ?
wilco64256 2. okt. 2012 kl. 15.05 
Well you have to keep in mind that a huge chunk of that initial rush of traffic was also from all the people putting up the first big batch of games, their teams, friends, families, etc. When you're only getting 2-3 new games a day now, that doesn't drive a huge amount of traffic all at once the same way that 200-300 per day was before.
Yuga-Suggah 2. okt. 2012 kl. 15.35 
I actually would love to see their data set on current profits and sales. Lol fat chance I will ever get to see the title page.
Tezamondo 2. okt. 2012 kl. 15.56 
It slows down for a couple weeks so it's possibly dying? That's insane. You're insane.
You need some patients.

These things take time and because there's such an influx of alphas and betas being introduced means that Devs need to actually work on their games from the feedback they've been given the last month or so.

Also, there's a good chance some of the indie devs out there have been keeping an eye on Greenlight and the general public's reactions to certain trends and states of games, so they might have held back on their release until it's polished better.

Jumping to worst-case-scenario from a slow down in releases and voting is incredibly immature.

I really don't think Valves intentions for this was to have people just slamming through hundreds of games daily and just gagging for the next one.

If anything, Greenlight slowing down is probably a good thing, it means that voting will be much more organic and Dev's might take it a bit more realistically- just like we should.
Yuga-Suggah 2. okt. 2012 kl. 15.56 
Ugh, at least non-profits are easier to deal with because ussually they don't have the money or interest to hire analysists/program evaluators. I can only imagine the red tape combined with unorganized information...
Sist redigert av Yuga-Suggah; 2. okt. 2012 kl. 16.11
Pathborn 2. okt. 2012 kl. 15.58 
every new site or part of a site has the most traffic in the first few days/weeks, and then goes down to a lower level that's stable. we're just now in that stable level. it isn't "death" it just isn't "birth" -- it's "life"
Excuritas 2. okt. 2012 kl. 16.08 
@ba! i have patients, this was just a question, i never said that i rly think Greenlight is
dying.
Sist redigert av Excuritas; 2. okt. 2012 kl. 16.08
Pathborn 2. okt. 2012 kl. 16.12 
in the OP, you asked if it's dying, asked if this is the end of greenlight, and then asked if it was dead. i'm not sure how you can say you never asked if greenlight is dying.

basically i'd say: "calming down" yes, "dying/ending" no
Excuritas 2. okt. 2012 kl. 16.14 
"@ba! i have patients, this was just a question, i never said that i rly think Greenlight is
dying."
Read this again... I ASKED, right but i dont say it really IS dying. Thats what i meant.
OpCode90 2. okt. 2012 kl. 17.42 
Hey Excuritas, I don't have our latest latest numbers - which are tracked by my partner Derek, but I would say that we still have had a steady flow of visitors in the last week and did not notice any sudden drops - just a gradual slowdown.

We had 15 000 new unique visitors over the week-end, but it's possible that a favorable ranking gave us more views. You're right that it isn't the rush of the early days, but I'd say it's far from dead. What has dropped a bit more for us is the number of comments we get. With so many games to choose from, and discussion forums in which we can do Q&A, I would say that the average reviewer coming to Greenlight is a bit more circomspect about taking the time to leave a comment in the comments section.

Guillaume.

Excuritas 2. okt. 2012 kl. 18.22 
Ok, nice to hear OpCode90. Lets hope it will stay like that for your game and my group gets more active...
Tezamondo 2. okt. 2012 kl. 19.07 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Mindwedge:
I think you meant patience, unless you're a doctor.

ah damnit!
< >
Viser 115 av 92 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 2. okt. 2012 kl. 14.31