Steam Greenlight
Show price of the game for Greenligh
We need to know how much the game costs and if it is worth that much money. If I like a game and say I would buy it and it comes on steam for say 80 bucks I might now buy it (it all depends on game). To exactly know whether or not we will buy that game you guys must provide us with a rough estimate if not the exact price for which it would be sold on steam.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 27
Price isn't determined until your game passes Greenlight and you work out a distribution contract with Valve. Trying to post a price before that discussion happens could cause you serious headaches later on.
Thanks.
Right now it seems more like: "would you ever consider buying this game at any price."
I agree with roger, but I also can understand the reason they don't. Maybe the question needs to be changed. Something more along the lines, "Does this game interest you?" or "Would you play this game?" That way you leave the cost out of the question since we aren't basing our choices on the cost at this time anyway.
Well, you like my game. It's going to be sold for only $5! Right, I've got your vote? In fact, I've got enough votes to get through Greenlight. Seems that $5 price point really hit the mark with potential customers.

Okay, I'm through Greenlight. The price is going to be closer to $50. Yeah, there were... uh, unforeseen circumstances and stuff (so no blowback from Valve, hey, what can I do, stuff happens, things get 're-evaluated'). Feel lied to? Well, of the thousands that used Greenlight and the small percentage that voted for me, maybe only so many noticed the price when they voted. Maybe only an even smaller number remembers? None of that matters compared to the 5-6 million consecutive customers Steam gets at it's high-tide.

A really cynical prediction, I'll admit but you can bank on it happening.
Speedemon: but those questions arent what valve is interested in. They are interested to know if you would consider buuying it. confusing the question like that doesnt seem to be a better alternative that the current situation.
Stuck waiting for a sale? *SPOILER ALERT* There'll be a sale next week
Pnume 14 déc. 2012 à 13h59 
It is irrelevant. A game isn't good or bad because of its price. If the price isn't right the game won't sale. If the game doesn't sale the price goes down. End of the story.
Ultimatemoy a écrit :
I still think that there should be an "if this is on steam how much would you pay for it" poll in the voting process as a kind of feedback to both steam and the developer. There have been a handful of games that I have voted for and are now available that I wish the price was better. Now I am stuck waiting for a sale.
I like your idea. A poll with something like, $1-$5, $6-$10, $10-$20, etc. sounds like a closer way for them to see what people would pay for them. Yeah there will probably be some people who will inevitably mark the cheapest option, but im sure there are people who greenlight everything they see. There have been a few that I have greenlight because i think the concept and storyline look cool. But when I think about pricing, I dont see it as a game of the year winner. Therefor when the game comes out and the price is up much higher that I would pay, according to Gorlom, my vote is wrong and should have not existed.
Speedemon a écrit :
Ultimatemoy a écrit :
I still think that there should be an "if this is on steam how much would you pay for it" poll in the voting process as a kind of feedback to both steam and the developer. There have been a handful of games that I have voted for and are now available that I wish the price was better. Now I am stuck waiting for a sale.
I like your idea. A poll with something like, $1-$5, $6-$10, $10-$20, etc. sounds like a closer way for them to see what people would pay for them. Yeah there will probably be some people who will inevitably mark the cheapest option, but im sure there are people who greenlight everything they see. There have been a few that I have greenlight because i think the concept and storyline look cool. But when I think about pricing, I dont see it as a game of the year winner. Therefor when the game comes out and the price is up much higher that I would pay, according to Gorlom, my vote is wrong and should have not existed.

No, this is a terrible idea. It encourages race-to-the-bottom pricing because the votes will skew severely low compared to what people will actually pay. This is whyValve consults with devs to help determine the ideal price points.
Well something does need to change if steam is looking for something closer to the true number of people who will buy the game to make it worth the trouble. As it is right now, all you need to get a game through greenlight is enough "friends". I would hate to see this program close down because too many games get greenlit and not enough people actually buy them. There are some really good games out there that just need a good market front so people can discover them.
Dernière modification de Shadow Fish; 15 déc. 2012 à 18h20
Speedemon a écrit :
Well something does need to change if steam is looking for something closer to the true number of people who will buy the game to make it worth the trouble. As it is right now, all you need to get a game through greenlight is enough friends. I would hate to see this program close down because too many games get greenlit and not enough people actually buy them. There are some really good games out there that just need a good market front so people can discover them.

Yes, provided you mean "well over 1,500" when you say "enough friends."
Because I literally ment you have to have 1,500 friends...
Speedemon a écrit :
Because I literally ment you have to have 1,500 friends...

Except that's the thing. That's how many friends you would need at the BARE MINIMUM to game the system like that.
ok. Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread?
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 27
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 9 sept. 2012 à 8h28