Steam Greenlight
2d rpg games
Ok before i even start dev in 6 months or 7 i want to know how many people would be medium sized world good lore fantasy 2d rpg? May look a bit like zelda and visual inspired bye it yet your player is more customisable etc? Would any of you try it?
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 29 kommentista
Sure, if it got interesting lore and good mechanics. Are you thinking 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit or high definition sprites?

Just don't mind the inevitable graphics snobbs. Most of the time they can't tell the difference between aesthetics and graphics and simply assume that anything 3D is supperiour to 2D because of technology.
Are you talking about creating your own RPG or just knocking something out with RPG Maker?
RPG maker games can be good if they use their own assets. The bad name RPG maker games get are imo usually because they seem lazy and unprofessional when the dev use standard or free assets and tinker the story to fit the props rather than making the props so that they fit the story.
While it's nice to hope for the top-end output from someone using RPG Maker, it's not typically the case.
If the person is asking for what people are looking for give him a few warnings what not to do. Point him towards the common pitfalls and how to avoid them.

Anyway. in the end I prefere the 2D parts of Evoland over the 3D parts.
The guy says he's making an RPG, I was interested in if he was developing an engine himself or simply using RPG Maker. Why are you getting so twisted about this, Gorlom?
I'm trying to be encouraging and supportive of him ^^

Sorry if you thought I was taking potshots at you or something or whatever. It's all directed to him even if I'm talking with you :)
(PS: I'm interested in if he is intending to use RPGmaker too btw, I'm just trying to say that it is the effort he puts into it and not the tools used. Even if some tools are better than others.)
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Gorlom[Swe]; 2.8.2013 klo 13.16
No it's from scratch most likely using javascript with the eclipse engine. I don't know about garphics stanadards but probably 32bit since dev isn't starting for at least 6 to 7 months but no rpg maker is not involved at all.
(Also i was not born in 2k1 but 1999 me and few friends had a joke)
I play alot of RPG's but I wouldn't bother to buy a 2D one. At the very very least you want an isometric game.
Resolute lähetti viestin:
I play alot of RPG's but I wouldn't bother to buy a 2D one. At the very very least you want an isometric game.
Isometric games are usually 2D. 2D is fine as long as it looks good, though having 3D characters with an orthographic projection works well with 2D environments and can drastically reduce the workload on artists.
Well i just starting out the main reason i going for 2d is due to most people i know having the potential learning or knowing how to program. Yet i lack artist and designers so the few people i do have i wanted to keep it simple and achieveable. If this game is produced and suceeds they will be 3d from there on out.(I talked about isometric yet creating a hole game in that style would take a very long time)
Please hire artists and designers. Using free assets is a pitfall that will most likely make your game turn out horrible and flop.
Ok i'am like 14 and just getting a few friends to make a game or i would.
Chazz_2k1 lähetti viestin:
Ok i'am like 14 and just getting a few friends to make a game or i would.
Then I would suggest that Greenlight isn't the place for you. If you can't/won't invest a little in your game, the chances of persuading people to support your game is minimal. The folks here are the toughest audience around, you'll get more useful and supportive feedback from other places.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on C0untzer0; 4.8.2013 klo 10.37
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 29 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 2.8.2013 klo 10.18