Steam Greenlight
I wanna make a game for steam so, what should the story be about steam members?
I'm working on a full game engine from scratch and it's been in development for about a year and I'm getting a fair amount of work done but I still can't think of a decent story or platform idea.

So since my first huge project is intended for steam I thought I'd ask what you guys really like? (I'm not going to do any sport games or such... I like stories)

Just one thing... It has to be awsome XD
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 64 σχόλια
What's the intendet genre?
Well that's the problem...
I know the things that I don't fancy doing, like sport, FPS, TBS, etc
I do like fantasy themed things and generally but the genre's just gonna fit a story really.

The thing is I can still develop the engine even without knowing a project outcome, but knowing what the outcome is will help me if certain features need implementing... (Also the fact that although I'm smart enough to program, I'm useless with creativity for the story)
Zombies. Apparently every game on Greenlight has to be about zombies. I think it's one of the rules. "You must submit one video, at least four screenshots and your game must be about zombies." or something.

...in case you're missing the gist, don't make your game about zombies - they've been done to (no pun intended) death.
Firstly if you put the brackets there, we all know that it's deliberate.
And yeah I noticed all the zombies... The first idea of making a game (the idea came about 2 years ago) was about zombies, but there's too many who had the same idea, so NOT ZOMBIES
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από SatsumaBenji:
Firstly if you put the brackets there, we all know that it's deliberate.
And yeah I noticed all the zombies... The first idea of making a game (the idea came about 2 years ago) was about zombies, but there's too many who had the same idea, so NOT ZOMBIES
Make a game about Voodoo zombies instead of the brain eating virus or curse zombies. That would be different enough :B1:
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 25 Ιουλ 2013, 23:29
I wanna make a game for steam so, what should the story be?
Yours.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από C0untzer0:
I wanna make a game for steam so, what should the story be?
Yours.
Oh definetly. Can't make a good game unless you are passionate about the story.
It helps to be among simalar minds. Consider joing the IGDA and meeting fellow aspiring designers!
Try drawing or write a simple story and build on the story or drawing. If your stuck try looking at previous games that are popular as a refrence. (But don't mimic it). By the way games are not limited by story. It can be good without story if it is done right.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από BargonSpaceman; 26 Ιουλ 2013, 2:13
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Redunknown1:
Try drawing or write a simple story and build on the story or drawing. If your stuck try looking at previous games that are popular as a refrence. (But don't mimic it). By the way games are not limited by story. It can be good without story if it is done right.
Can you give an example of a game without a story done right? or that comes close at least.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 26 Ιουλ 2013, 3:59
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από GorlomSwe:
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Redunknown1:
Can you give an example of a game without a story done right? or that comes close at least.
Terraria?
Ah right I forgot the build your own adventure genre (most likely because of bias dislike for that particular genre :p). my bad, continue.

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 26 Ιουλ 2013, 7:38
Terraria, Minecraft, Audio Surf, Sport games...
No story, I only asked for story because I think it could lead to great ideas but I'm happy making something like true indie (Super meat boy for example) which are just progressively harder puzzles.

tbh I thought more people would be enthusiastic to answer because I imagined this to be like "I have an idea for a game but I have no idea how to make games", I would be doing all the work after all, I just need an idea :(
Maybe you could team up with someone from Concepts. There seems to be an overabundance of people with extravagant ideas and absolutely no hope in hell of ever bringing them to fruition.
An Scients Fiktion Srory Loke Star Craft :)
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 64 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 25 Ιουλ 2013, 18:21
Αναρτήσεις: 64