Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Les mer
cant connect to any online... at all... mods still work
ya so has anyone been having this problem i cant get online matches at all
the mods still work in single player though
could this be just a random problem or does it have to do with mods

also couldnt have been better timing considering i got banned from discussions literally 2 days before this happened
thanks admins its called a rant :/

< >
Viser 19 av 9 kommentarer
Detestable Geohound 13. mai 2013 kl. 13.47 
I've had a similar issue. After installing mods I have an extreme drop in available lobby's and games found; usually reduced to either 1-2 or no online games at all.
Stark Raven 4 13. mai 2013 kl. 14.16 
Active mods should not decrease visible games. Some of them might kick you for consistency, but they should not be hidden.

If you are having problems with consistency (Disconnected: server is enforcing consistency for [file name here]) then you have to either deactivate the mod(s) in question or find a different server.
You can't tell whether a server will enforce consistency just by looking, nor can you choose whether a server will or will not be consistent. You just have to be lucky.
Detestable Geohound 13. mai 2013 kl. 14.22 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Those Dirty Blues:
Active mods should not decrease visible games. Some of them might kick you for consistency, but they should not be hidden.

If you are having problems with consistency (Disconnected: server is enforcing consistency for [file name here]) then you have to either deactivate the mod(s) in question or find a different server.
You can't tell whether a server will enforce consistency just by looking, nor can you choose whether a server will or will not be consistent. You just have to be lucky.

Problem doesn't appear to be consistency, when I'm in a game I'm never disconnected; the most that happens is that my mods dont actually work in an online co-op game (I suspect thats the mods and not the game itself).

Edit: If it helps; it appears that I only suffer from this issue when trying to replace Rochelle with a model/skin. Results in either no games or games with extremely high ping (500+)

Edit 2: Did further testing. Happens when replacing any character skin/model
Sist redigert av Detestable Geohound; 13. mai 2013 kl. 15.08
Punished Jeremy 13. mai 2013 kl. 15.40 
i cant get any games
like itll search but ive tried it like 40+ times over the past month it never finds any games
itll just start me in a lobby by myself and no one can join me
the only mod ive had problems with was metro ak skin but i took that off and it was fine
could it have to do with the fact that i downloaded the mod even though i take it off the active playlist?
Detestable Geohound 13. mai 2013 kl. 16.05 
Opprinnelig skrevet av ndelta6xxx:
i cant get any games
like itll search but ive tried it like 40+ times over the past month it never finds any games
itll just start me in a lobby by myself and no one can join me
the only mod ive had problems with was metro ak skin but i took that off and it was fine
could it have to do with the fact that i downloaded the mod even though i take it off the active playlist?

The moment I unsubscribe to the skin/model the problem is removed; that might solve your issue. It just means you cant use any custom skins or models though :/
Punished Jeremy 13. mai 2013 kl. 16.09 
any? well crap
i could just un sub all mods and re sub them later
try it later i got stuff to do
Stark Raven 4 13. mai 2013 kl. 21.34 
Opprinnelig skrevet av The Assassin:
Problem doesn't appear to be consistency, when I'm in a game I'm never disconnected; the most that happens is that my mods dont actually work in an online co-op game (I suspect thats the mods and not the game itself).

Edit: If it helps; it appears that I only suffer from this issue when trying to replace Rochelle with a model/skin. Results in either no games or games with extremely high ping (500+)

Edit 2: Did further testing. Happens when replacing any character skin/model
That is an exceedingly strange occurrence, I haven't had that problem and I've modded almost everything to hell and back. It might be an issue with the Workshop as I downloaded all but one of my mods manually.
The only thing I can think of is checking your search settings to make sure they're proper. If that fails, type "openserverbrowser" without quotes into the developer console and see if that returns anything.
Opprinnelig skrevet av Those Dirty Blues:

That is an exceedingly strange occurrence, I haven't had that problem and I've modded almost everything to hell and back. It might be an issue with the Workshop as I downloaded all but one of my mods manually.
The only thing I can think of is checking your search settings to make sure they're proper. If that fails, type "openserverbrowser" without quotes into the developer console and see if that returns anything.

I'm under the impression the mods are proper, they work perfectly fine in single player offline mode (I'd guess you'd call that "regular campaign"). It's the moment I try to get into an online game (I only do co-op campaigns, not custom ones) that I get either no game lobbies or games in progress; alternatively if I do get one or two they are all very badly pinged.

I'll certainly have to try out the console thing tomorrow. I think you are right in suspecting that it has to do with the Workshop as I've never installed a mod manually (or any prior to these attempts after 100 hours of gameplay).
Sist redigert av Detestable Geohound; 14. mai 2013 kl. 1.34
ncs maus msnch 13. juli 2013 kl. 5.26 
try to change your location in option from amin menu in steam
< >
Viser 19 av 9 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 10. mai 2013 kl. 15.15