[BTW]Shadowxl1 Apr 4, 2013 @ 7:27pm
i wanna learn to mod
I Know basic programming and want to know how to get started modding or at least what to learn before I can start modding.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
No One Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
what language/s do you know ? you say basic i think c++ . thats not to usefull for modding imo

most of what you need depends on what you want to do and if there are any tools avalible and what language the game was made with . with tools you might not need to know any thing if your vision is small. if you want to rework a game engine well ...

get specific so we can understand the genral range your aiming for. any specific game . any genral concept you want to apply. fo the luv uf gawd dun tell meh yew wana maik a multriplayur mod for dun starv
[BTW]Shadowxl1 Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
First, thank you for answering me. Second, I know a little of both java (very little) and C++( a little more than java.) I did the tutorials for DirectX programming but I thought I might be moving to fast...Really I just want to get started learning what and where I need. I would like to mod Age of Empires HD or If you suggest something easier to get started on I understand. I am just lost and would like to know where to start.
No One Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
well its still alittle vauge. i mean do you want to add new animations that wouldnt overwrite old ones so you would be adding new interactions/states or changing the interface to add new options its hard to say. just a tad bit more specific

more often than not the visual end of the game by itself is the easy route but sometimes its actually more difficult because of the work flow . format changes to format changes and how many tools and how there used it can get confusing
Last edited by No One; Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:40pm
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2013 @ 7:27pm