Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
더 보기
george lucas 2013년 3월 31일 오전 3시 03분
How to upload audio to the workshop
I know how to upload from the autherising tools but I'm pretty sure I need to convert audio to .vpk to upload it, if thats what you need to do how do you do it?
< >
2개 댓글 중 1-2개 표시
SheikYerdingus 1 2013년 3월 31일 오전 9시 40분 
You need to create a directory named for your addon in the "addons" folder of your L4D2 game. Within that directory, create a directory called "sound". You basically need to re-create the original L4D2 directory structure with whatever files you want to replace. So for example if you want to replace the tank music you need to put them in

/addons/<youraddon>/sound/music/tank.

Once you're done, go into L4D2, open the console and type "snd_buildaudiocache /addons/<youraddon>". Then drag your specific addon directory onto vpk.exe which should be located in the addons folder itself. This will create a VPK file which you can then publish through the authoring tools.

Hope this helps.
N'wah 5 2013년 11월 17일 오전 8시 07분 
A directory is a folder, and 'youraddon' is of the name you wish to give your mod.

Megajohnny99님이 먼저 게시:
SheikYerbouti님이 먼저 게시:
You need to create a directory named for your addon in the "addons" folder of your L4D2 game. Within that directory, create a directory called "sound". You basically need to re-create the original L4D2 directory structure with whatever files you want to replace. So for example if you want to replace the tank music you need to put them in

/addons/<youraddon>/sound/music/tank.

Once you're done, go into L4D2, open the console and type "snd_buildaudiocache /addons/<youraddon>". Then drag your specific addon directory onto vpk.exe which should be located in the addons folder itself. This will create a VPK file which you can then publish through the authoring tools.

Hope this helps.

USELESS!! WHAT IS A DIRECTORY!! I DONT HAVE A "youraddon" FOLDER!!!
< >
2개 댓글 중 1-2개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2013년 3월 31일 오전 3시 03분
게시글: 2