Steam Greenlight
Acest topic a fost închis
Chernobyl horror idea
I had the idea of making a survival horror game based in the town of Pripyat. However I have no knowledge of game design there lies the issues. I could easily write out of the story and lines for the character to make ingame but I would need someone to do the coding and 3D modeling. Heres a little pitch on the base of the idea of what the game could be made into, with puzzle solving and a nice open map to explore and find clues to who you are.

You wake up in an school class room, half of the room is destroyed and left as rubble on the ground. A breeze rolls in from the holes and large sections of missing buildings giving you chills every time you walk down its long dark corridors. You have no memory of how you got here or where you even are, you have no photo id of yourself or any other source to determine who you are. You can only remember one name and its (character name here), you have no idea if this is your name or just a name you remember. The name doesn't bring any faces to your brain, the only thing that comes to mind when you even so much as think is well, nothing. Walking down the long school halls and peering into each room with the off chance of seeing other human contact you begin to feel lonely with the pressure of your situation is setting in. Night aproaches and you have no where to sleep or hide, just hope it doesnt find you.
Editat ultima dată de Soup; 4 ian. 2013 la 15:38
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 32 comentarii
Soup 4 ian. 2013 la 7:41 
add me on steam if you want to discuss the idea further
I take it that English isn't your first language, though?
Soup 4 ian. 2013 la 11:01 
No it is i'm just rather lazy and don't feel like typing in proper english
Editat ultima dată de Soup; 4 ian. 2013 la 11:01
You say you can write, but we see that you can't. Great move.
Skoardy 4 ian. 2013 la 13:42 
I doesn't really sell the idea that you're a good writer when your 'pitch' lacks basic writing skills (spelling, punctuation, capitalisation, sentence construction). It's hardly going to convince anybody you're up to the job. Saying it's because you're also lazy isn't really adding another positive character trait to the mix.
Soup 4 ian. 2013 la 14:57 
I promise I do not lack writing skills, the issue is lacking in the game design area. I threw the paragraph together as a pitch I am a much better writer when it comes down to writing a story element or lines for a character not when im half asleep and not trying even in the slightest to use correct grammar.
Postat inițial de SoupKitchen:
I promise I do not lack writing skills, the issue is lacking in the game design area. I threw the paragraph together as a pitch I am a much better writer when it comes down to writing a story element or lines for a character not when im half asleep and not trying even in the slightest to use correct grammar.

If you want to pitch that you're a good writer, then you really should use proper writing in your pitch. Sort of a generally good idea.
I are write good. I put so much emotion in my rite dt when I give people storry, sometime dey cry or wince with pain.
I see...
If you claim to be a good writer and then fall back on the archaic, terrible trope of "protagonist with amnesia" then you are not as good of a writer as you say you are.
Soup 4 ian. 2013 la 16:09 
Postat inițial de Erinduck:
If you claim to be a good writer and then fall back on the archaic, terrible trope of "protagonist with amnesia" then you are not as good of a writer as you say you are.
You have no idea what you are talking about, having amnesia may be an old hat but doesn't make me any less of a writer. Its an idea, ideas can be changed and made into new ideas this isn't the permanent storyline to the game, I was merely pitching a possible storyline for the game.
You have no idea what you are talking about, having amnesia may be an old hat but doesn't make me any less of a writer. Its an idea, ideas can be changed and made into new ideas this isn't the permanent storyline to the game, I was merely pitching a possible storyline for the game.

It's not "old hat" but a cheap ploy to make the character a blank slate to make them more easy to relate to from a reader/player perspective. Nothing about your idea was original. It apes from nearly every survival horror story in the book and uses the oldest trick in the book for its protagonist. In fact, you didn't even pitch a storyline! You pitched a setup! And not a very interesting one. There's no hook, nothing to make anyone here care, just a very generic setup.
Is this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan fiction?
Postat inițial de Jonathan Parker:
Is this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan fiction?
AHAHAHA
Soup 4 ian. 2013 la 17:39 

It's not "old hat" but a cheap ploy to make the character a blank slate to make them more easy to relate to from a reader/player perspective. Nothing about your idea was original. It apes from nearly every survival horror story in the book and uses the oldest trick in the book for its protagonist. In fact, you didn't even pitch a storyline! You pitched a setup! And not a very interesting one. There's no hook, nothing to make anyone here care, just a very generic setup.
I feel like you didn't read anything I said, this is an idea. Its not written in stone, its not a permanent idea, its a concept.
Don't worry, these kids all tag team on random posts to demean them for w/e reason.
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 32 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Data postării: 4 ian. 2013 la 7:33
Postări: 32