Steam Greenlight
american football
why has nobody made an effort to make a decent american football video game for the pc theres not a decent one out there...im not a game designer or am even remotely familiar with the process but it looks to me that the door is wide open to those who are
< >
Mostrando 1-5 de 5 comentarios
It's Fauna! 1 ENE 2013 a las 20:36 
Because EA has the NFL license and they choose to publish on consoles since there's a historically better sales pattern of sports games there, likely because of an easier implementation of local multiplayer.
REEFERADDICT612 1 ENE 2013 a las 20:53 
Publicado originalmente por Erinduck:
Because EA has the NFL license and they choose to publish on consoles since there's a historically better sales pattern of sports games there, likely because of an easier implementation of local multiplayer.

it doesnt have to be nfl or ncaa or cfl or lfl or any league
AusSkiller 2 ENE 2013 a las 3:35 
Publicado originalmente por ㄨḈɌĄ₡Қㄨ:
it doesnt have to be nfl or ncaa or cfl or lfl or any league
If it doesn't involve the official leagues then it's unlikely to appeal to many of the fans of the sport and it will be very difficult to generate enough sales to recoup development costs, especially when they are also competing against games that do use the official leagues. Without the official league license you are very unlikely to be able to use any real teams/player names and likenesses/personalities (commentators ect.)/venues/sponsors/brands/ect. from that sport so it wont have the same feel that fans are used to and will make it seem bland.

The only real sports games I know of that have been commercially viable without the official licenses are ones from previous license holders that have a large fan base already or where it has far exceeded the officially licensed game in production quality.
Última edición por AusSkiller; 2 ENE 2013 a las 3:40
Skoardy 2 ENE 2013 a las 8:50 
Publicado originalmente por Rukes:
do you have any idea about how awkward this would be if there was no controller
No idea. I never played any of the many itterations of Madden NFL that came out for the PC, all of which didn't require a controller to play. They made quite a few of them so I'm guessing people managed to muddle through.
REEFERADDICT612 2 ENE 2013 a las 11:17 
Publicado originalmente por Rukes:
do you have any idea about how awkward this would be if there was no controller

they do make controllers for pc i myself have a wireless xbox 360 controller...steam now has a program called big picture that makes it easy to navigate thier software with a controller and features games that are controller friendly so i would imagine if a football game were to be created or formatted for the pc the use of a controller would come along with it
< >
Mostrando 1-5 de 5 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 1 ENE 2013 a las 20:28