Steam Greenlight
NeoShaman 10. des. 2012 kl. 23.28
I want to make the AWESOMEST
Hello fellow gamers!

I have been making games pretty much most of my life, starting with my TI-83 calculator in math class when I was 12. I've started many projects, but never released anything on a wide scale. I'm now at a point in my life where I want to take on a big project of my own, so here is what's up!

I want to make a game that you guys want to play. I mean YOU! I'm willing to SERIOUSLY consider all good ideas, so you can have real influence over the finished product. I'll post regular updates and you can give me feedback as I go. This will be a win win because you will get the game you want to play and I will maximize my chances of being greenlit. I'll use all my creativity and mad programing/designing skillz to make this as awesome as possible! That's a promise.

So, what do you want to play? What concepts would you love to see brought to life? What's been missing from your gaming experience?

I have a project which I have been working on for about a month, but I am thinking of starting something brand new. The game I've been working on is an RTS, with a fairly novel twist, though I can't say it's the very first game with this twist.

I do love RTS, puzzle games, and games which mix genres like Dues Ex. I am not really interested in making a shooter though, so that's out.

Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!

Peace, Kyndel
Sist redigert av NeoShaman; 10. des. 2012 kl. 23.28
< >
Viser 115 av 19 kommentarer
TonyDanza 11. des. 2012 kl. 0.44 
You should make a game that you yourself are truly passionate about, otherwise you will quickly lose the motivation to work on it. Chances are there are enough people out there that like the same sort of games you do.
C0untzer0 11. des. 2012 kl. 7.53 
This will be a lose lose because you will end up making a game which you don't really want to, and other people will get a mediocre game designed by committee.
Spagett 11. des. 2012 kl. 12.44 
Don't ask the public for (what may well be) bad ideas. You have mad programing/designing skillz? You could simply get a job with professional game designers, if your skillz will pay the billz.
Skoardy 11. des. 2012 kl. 13.16 
Too many cooks... (and most of them can't cook, can't agree on what ingredients to use, are happy to eat nothing but hamburgers, etc. etc.)

Probably better off to use 'all your creativity' and just come with your own game, that resonates with you and makes you happy.
Gorlom[Swe] 11. des. 2012 kl. 16.47 
ever looked at any project that is open with their development process? There are a lot of opinions and many of them don't understand the context in which things would work. A popular suggestion is perks and achivements that give bonuses if you do something enough or impressive. It looks cool on paper but generally doesn't work if it's just slapped on as an afterthought.
Those kinds of projects only succed if the Developer is firm in his decisions and decided what works instead of what is cool or awesome (in no context but itself).

But if you really want to try your hand at it look through the concept section. I think at least one person has typed up a concept that he can't do himself and hopes someone else picks up.
NeoShaman 11. des. 2012 kl. 20.36 
I kind of anticipated this sort of response. As you like. I'll just make the game that I want to play and screw all ya! =P

Spagett, I have worked as a professional developer before and that is NOT what I am interested in doing anymore. You think it's better to make your boss's dreams come true? Naw, I'm going rogue, going indie!
AusSkiller 11. des. 2012 kl. 21.44 
Opprinnelig skrevet av kyndel:
I kind of anticipated this sort of response. As you like. I'll just make the game that I want to play and screw all ya! =P
Yeah that's the best way to do it, if you try to make other peoples ideas into a game then when you fail to meet their expectations they'll just kick up a fuss and blame you for doing it wrong rather than admitting the truth that their idea was horrendously flawed.

Spagett, I have worked as a professional developer before and that is NOT what I am interested in doing anymore. You think it's better to make your boss's dreams come true? Naw, I'm going rogue, going indie!
Nice, I'm in the same position :D, though I've been finding self motivation to be a real problem when I've got a huge library of games just a click away, so I haven't gotten as far with the development of my game as I'd have liked to by this stage :(.
C0untzer0 12. des. 2012 kl. 0.59 
By which you mean: You always knew that this was the truth all along.

I have worked as a professional developer before and that is NOT what I am interested in doing anymore. You think it's better to make your boss's dreams come true? Naw, I'm going rogue, going indie!
All the more reason not to make the dreams of someone who isn't even paying you come true.

Seriously, when the random members of the public get involved in artistic decisions, you know where that leads? To Simon frickin Cowell, or even worse. If you go with your heart, the worst that can happen is you have something on Desura which makes you very proud.

EDIT: That said, if you have a good active modding community, you can get them to make your sequel.
Sist redigert av C0untzer0; 12. des. 2012 kl. 3.01
Ooli 12. des. 2012 kl. 2.41 

--------------------------------------------
A Sandbox Fantasy MMORPG that is a mix beetween Darkfall Online, Sims 3, Spore, UO, X Universe Series, DayZ, Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout Series, Artificial Girl 3, ... :)
With full loot, charageing, permadeath, dynasty building and 6 hours beeing an ingame day.
Without timeconsuming things that you cannot pay an npc to do.

So you can screw us more times ;)
---------------------------------------------

make whatever you want to play and how you want to play it and you will get other people liking it too, just don't put in a lot of timeconsumable fillers(the 1000 flags hunt in Assassin's creed, or similar).

Can only be better than the dumped down bad Clonewars we normaly get from the big companies, so even if you think its going to fail, because its not like xyz it will get a fanbase.
Innovation and Videogames seem be having a relationship crisis.
Spitko  [utvikler] 12. des. 2012 kl. 13.47 
Game design is a very complex subject. It sounds like you have a fair amount of dev experience, but maybe haven't released much.

You should do this[www.ludumdare.com]. Even if you don't finish, you'll learn a lot from the process, including game design and scope.
Cowlster 13. des. 2012 kl. 12.13 
Make a game set in mediavaltimes when your a rouge who is set tasks to eliminate enemys using his surroundings and can choose stealth or kill everything killable
Skoardy 13. des. 2012 kl. 13.21 
So you want him to remake Thief? Yeah, I still think he'd be better off ignoring the design-by-commitee route.
𝐻𝑎𝑚𝑖 16. des. 2012 kl. 8.54 
make a game fool
C0untzer0 16. des. 2012 kl. 9.11 
Opprinnelig skrevet av FireSlash:
You should do this[www.ludumdare.com]. Even if you don't finish, you'll learn a lot from the process, including game design and scope.
Really? when was the last time a Ludum Dare game got Greenlit and outsold Borderlands?
jeslyck 16. des. 2012 kl. 11.14 
If you want to make me happy :) then make an open world game but is probably too complex.
It's has certainly an audience and kickstarter becomes a potion.
< >
Viser 115 av 19 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 10. des. 2012 kl. 23.28