The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Die besten Mods für Ihr Spiel
Finden und installieren Sie Ihre Lieblingsmods nun auf ganz einfache Weise. Mod-Erstellern wurde es nun außerdem ermöglicht, Mods direkt bei Steam hochzuladen. Klicken Sie hier, um zu erfahren, wie dies funktioniert.
Mod request...not sure if it's possible though.
So I'd make this if I had any skill at modding. So far all I've managed to mod was adding craftable heavy stormcloak armor (it's the same as the normal cuirass, just heavier and higher rating). Anyway, I had a cool idea for a mod. I'm seeing all these mods like mercenaries, more followers, etc. Can anyone make a mod where the Dragonborn can raise an army and take over towns and cities?

What I was thinking was have a side-quest where the Dragonborn takes over a castle (a perfect example is the Shatterhorn Castle mod). Once that is done, and the Dragonborn owns the castle, he/she can talk to the captain of the guard and hire more soldiers. Give them a unique armor and set it so you can hire a bunch of them to follow you at once. Then, attack the town or city you want to take over. If you kill all of the guards in that town or city, then when they respawn they respawn as your soldiers, effectively taking over the town. Would this be possible, and if so could someone please do this? It would be awesome.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 19
Possible but hard.
Voglir 7. Dez. 2012 um 13:41 
That would be a lovely mod.
AGM 7. Dez. 2012 um 15:28 
HIGH ROTHGAURD
I don't know much about modding, but I know that there has to be some sort of script built in the game somewhere to change the guards, because when you play the civil war questline the guards change. Maybe instead of just having it be when you kill all the guards, each town should have like a flag stand in the center or something that you have to change to your banner. Like, you get there and hit activate it and it take a certain amount of time before it works, and during that time guards keep spawning and attacking you, and once it changes the guards stop respawning. You kill the survivors and then they respawn as your guards. I wish I could make this.
The guards don't change they are completely replaced - if I understand your wording. An NPC that "appears" to change (like for example you recruit Lydia into The Blades) the original Lydia is disabled and the copy of Lydia wearing The Blades armour is spawned in her place. This happens a lot in the game. A perfect example is the destroyed houses after the Civil War. There are in fact 2 houses in exactly the same place, the destroyed one is disabled and the "good house" is enabled by default. When the attack begins and out of sight of the player the good houses are disabled and the destroyed ones enabled. In answer to your question making the soldiers isn't so hard, scripting multiple followers, so they all act as follwers is hard. What would be neeed to be done is say you have the Captain of the guard as a follower and a AI "Follow Package" on the rest of the guards so they follow the Captain but they would follow...everywhere. It is possible but a fair amount of work. SO don't believe everything you see in game a lot of it is smoke and mirrors.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von yudanjatim:
I don't know much about modding, but I know that there has to be some sort of script built in the game somewhere to change the guards, because when you play the civil war questline the guards change. Maybe instead of just having it be when you kill all the guards, each town should have like a flag stand in the center or something that you have to change to your banner. Like, you get there and hit activate it and it take a certain amount of time before it works, and during that time guards keep spawning and attacking you, and once it changes the guards stop respawning. You kill the survivors and then they respawn as your guards. I wish I could make this.
Would be possible and the capturing part is quite easy. Pretty much needs only one script.
The hard part is making the player feel like he or she owns the town & making the Actors react to it.
There is a mod called Stormcloak Explorer on Skyrim Nexus that should fit what you want. However, it makes no sense to use EXACTLY the same armor from Vanilla and not change it's look at all, just to change the armor rating to heavy... it just seems impractical. That's why I think it's better to ALSO change it's look some, to make sense for it being heavy, and that's what I believe that mod I mentioned does. It even has a quest for it, for immersion. Check it out.
TDillon 10. Dez. 2012 um 19:57 
Haha I like how some people are saying that it would be easy and others are saying it would be very difficult. Also, @ramakgaming, I don't think you read the whole post. I don't want a heavy stormcloak armor mod, I already did that (it was just for me to use and I don't know how to retexture mods, so I was fine with it looking the same). That Stormcloak Explorer thing has nothing to do with this, but thank you.
Some parts are easy, some parts are hard. Depends on the scope of the mod. Not defined scope => both answers are valid.
TDillon 11. Dez. 2012 um 13:31 
Yeah I figured. Also probably depends on the modder attempting it.
I would say that it could be pretty easy.

1) Deligate the army creation to some other mod. The user can either use a private army mod or some "have a lot of followers" mod. Or perhaps try capturing towns alone.
2) Create the scripts for said town capturing: Have some sort of flag pole, players activate it to 'contest' the town. Guards spawn with some interval at linked spawn points. If player survives, are inside a certain radius and have killed all the guards then the flag are replaced with the players flag.
3) Create some benefits of owning a town. The easiest way is probably to add a chest near the flag, adding some tax money into it every week.
4) Place said flag poles in a lot of cities and link them to some good spawn points.

Creating the script would be pretty simple, just some timers and loops should be needed. Make it reset the players bounty for the town when it's captured and having the 'activate flag' option be a major crime allows for the usage of vanilla guard NPCs.
Some flag pole activator (NPC owned, player owned) models & textures are also needed.

One could then expand the mod from there with features as having the player guarding the town from threat x, ability to influence townspeople, etc.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Ombudsman; 11. Dez. 2012 um 14:46
I'm pretty sure I saw a mod name something like "rise your own army" Just look it up it's fairly recent.
it is "build your own army" and yes it is on the first page.
TDillon 13. Dez. 2012 um 19:27 
But in that method would there be any way to alter the guards' appearance once the town is captured? Either way that's still awesome but for added realism it'd be nice if you could get the guards to change.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 19
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 7. Dez. 2012 um 6:58