Steam Greenlight
Suggestion about how to handle Greenlight more Tolerant
Cease down the restless fight against Greenlight Games please
When i see how Hardcore Hate people like curly-nuts or chris 1980 go to wear Greenlight down by outright downvote any greenlight game out there, i really get the feeling we have it here to do with a magnitude of insanity ,for me it ranges towards Griefing and is absolute not sane anymore.
I feel sad to have to say it that way curly but you got far out of controle in this .

You and some of your Friends have the undertakin to frustrate others till they split there Work
off from Greenlight.
Greenlight which supports small indi Groups that make Games we other wise never would see on Steam .
And some of our Community support them with their Hearth cause either its a old successful title that got into his years, and need just a new Engine to shine again, or wasent made for PC.

With your fighting you do cross our line, you fight not against the bad games anymore.

No you fight against part of the Community and thats why i point my Finger at you openly.

I ask you to step back a bit to let us continue our Work to support indi Teams so we can have some exttra games we else never would be able to Play.

This is a plead and a declaration in both ways i hope you speak up about your true intentions as i did here Thanks .

If you have Questions why i name them directly im open to tell what i have seen and noticed in the last Weeks.
I have not the intend to still unrest in contrary i want to uphold the true Greenlight Idea that we all have the Chance in Future to see some Games on Steam that would else not be available either cause there engine was outdated or unplayable on steam/windows
or such OS.

My Suggestion in this Case is People be more tolerant !
Chris1980/or 1890 please close your hategroup that you made for downvote any Greenlight game out there to shut it down. And stop to recruit People to follow that cause as you tried to convince me and i denied!
Let others that work each day towards Greenlight have success!
Turn away to attack each greenlight Game with comments Like i repeat here others :
(Greenlight Crap)
Come back to constructive Comments and Community !
Thanks listen to this m8
Mr.Think again!
Last edited by Steven Brattac; Oct 13, 2013 @ 2:21am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
C0untzer0 Oct 13, 2013 @ 2:30am 
It's good to see passion like that for a sense of fair play.
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 13, 2013 @ 4:44am 
Mr. Think Again: You are aware that "not interested" votes have no negative impact on greenlight or the projects on greenlight, right?
There are no such thing as down votes. Basically trying to deny anything by downvoting it is pointless. It's the pity votes we have to watch out for.
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 13, 2013 @ 4:46am 
Originally posted by Mr. Think Again !:
give it a try some of us do not easy downvote
THere is no such thing as a downvote. Please answer the question "would you buy this if it was available on Steam" honestly by clicking yes or no.
Don't treat this like facebook or youtube. You should have a real interest in buying the game before clicking yes.
TheDeadSkin Oct 13, 2013 @ 6:08am 
downvotes mean nothing, from what I see in greenlight system, only upvotes mean
basically, they are not even downvotes, they just express you are not interested in a certain game
I've voted on 1.5k+ games on greenlight and I only have 50 upvotes. I'm not a hater or so, I just want to keep my queue empty to keep track of games that might interest me. I doubt they really mean something, many people (like me) can downvote every single "sports" game, just because they don't like then and are tired of having super football 2015 in rpg-s section, because devs marked it as "action simulation rpg sports adventure" or so.
That's it, you shouldn't care about people whose downvoting actions mean nothing except for them losing their own time.
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 13, 2013 @ 7:37am 
Originally posted by TheDeadSkin:
they just express you are not interested in a certain game
They don't even do that. They remove the game from your que

I've voted on 1.5k+ games on greenlight and I only have 50 upvotes. I'm not a hater or so, I just want to keep my queue empty to keep track of games that might interest me. I doubt they really mean something, many people (like me) can downvote every single "sports" game, just because they don't like then and are tired of having super football 2015 in rpg-s section, because devs marked it as "action simulation rpg sports adventure" or so.
That's it, you shouldn't care about people whose downvoting actions mean nothing except for them losing their own time.
Seems like proper use of the system. good :)
Steven Brattac Oct 13, 2013 @ 10:49am 
you dont understand what i do here i inform the community cause they have the right to know that chris 1980 and some of his freinds made a group to downvote Greenlight games no matter they good or bad !
they want to upset people enough so stem brakes off on greenlight that is what chris 1980 said to me as he tried to get in his group he want people to get pissed and greenlight and he does all to reach that . i is kinda sick to recruit people to make a part of the Communitys Work bad
i know that you cant downvoe it but what he does is stirring unrest wherever he can look yourself and the forums and see howmany useless posts you find yourself .
I could have gone the easy way and ignore it but i work each day with greenlight and dont need someone Griefing on greenlight in my back . i told him to stop with this but hes like a hate preach and wont stop it- what he does is goin into discussions with intend to frustrate people away of.
Last edited by Steven Brattac; Oct 13, 2013 @ 10:50am
C0untzer0 Oct 13, 2013 @ 11:36am 
Mr Think Again, Chris 1980 is just a mosquito. Given that Greenlight has millions of regular users, his little band of 6 or 7 fools is not going to have any effect on Greenlight whatsoever.
His little crusade is in violation of the user agreement, and counterproductive in a number of ways. If somebody is stupid enough that they deliberately visit each project specifically to downvote it those votes cancel each other out, while at the same time providing "Hits" for Greenlight.

So don't worry, be happy, everything gonna be alright...
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 13, 2013 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by Mr. Think Again !:
you dont understand what i do here i inform the community cause they have the right to know that chris 1980 and some of his freinds made a group to downvote Greenlight games no matter they good or bad !
It doesnt matter in the slightest if they do that. it's the other parts of their group that is detremental. The harassment and baseless assumptions and enforcing misinformation should be combated... their downvotes?`I couldn't care less, it's just a waste of their time.
I would suggest that you phrase yourself to seperate the issues about downvoting and harassing.
they want to upset people enough so stem brakes off on greenlight that is what chris 1980 said to me as he tried to get in his group he want people to get pissed and greenlight and he does all to reach that . i is kinda sick to recruit people to make a part of the Communitys Work bad
i know that you cant downvoe it but what he does is stirring unrest wherever he can look yourself and the forums and see howmany useless posts you find yourself .
I could have gone the easy way and ignore it but i work each day with greenlight and dont need someone Griefing on greenlight in my back . i told him to stop with this but hes like a hate preach and wont stop it- what he does is goin into discussions with intend to frustrate people away of.
I havent seen much of him lately. I assumed he would be reported and banned if he actually started harassing anyone.
Psycho Oct 13, 2013 @ 12:23pm 
Downvotes mean nothing, literally nothing. Don't sweat it. Among the millions of voters, it's a drop in the pond.

Some quotes:
Does downvoting affect progress?
Originally posted by TomB, Valve:
This is incorrect. The "No thanks / Not interested" button does not affect greenlight progress.
Emphasis author's
Source

Down votes do not take away up votes. It's more like "Would you buy this game if it were on Steam? Yes/No"
Source

Down votes do not nullify up votes.
Source
FireSlash confirms this
Steven Brattac Oct 13, 2013 @ 8:01pm 
Well that positive resounds i got here let me think that the community is fit enough to keep on thanks folks i dont want to start a anticampagne here i just wanted to make the people knowin about it chers!:onering:
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 13, 2013 @ 2:17am