Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Подробнее
My campaign won't upload, but says it did.
I used the left 4 dead 2 authoring tools launcher and used the workshop app to publish my campaign. After filling it out etc, I hit Publish. But then it just said it was succesfull. But I dont think it is actually uploading anything. I checked my network and there was no upstream bandwidth being used.

The page though for my campaign says it has a 100MB file. If you sub to the campaign you will indeed download something is that 100MB but I don't think its my campaign, its just seems to be garbage data or something. No idea how to fix, I need help. I think its a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

My campaign is actually 168 MB.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=210088171
Отредактировано Payne☣; 31 дек. 2013 г. в 8:21
< >
Сообщения 112 из 12
You have to split and upload it into "parts".
I'm rather certain this is indeed discussed some where in the workshop group's topics.
Try asking that Rayman guy... he always knows things.
I looked at other campaigns in the workshop, I think there is other ones unsplit part like 170MB uploaded. So that can't be the problem?

e.g 197MB
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138091941
Отредактировано Payne☣; 3 янв. 2014 г. в 12:20
I thought the same thing as well, and you're right.
I wonder if maybe it was an upload problem on Steam's end in the Cloud.
The size limit is supposed to be 200MB, but sometimes it's possible to put an even bigger campaign in, since it gets compressed for transmission, and the compressed size is used to check the limit.

The uploader has been really buggy in the past, especially to specific users. You could try uploading it on a different computer, or with a different internet connection.
Отредактировано Rectus; 4 янв. 2014 г. в 1:20
okay that explains why its 100MB, perhaps the 68 MB is compressed? Still though I'm suspicious. I never detected any upstream bandwidth being used when I used the workshop publisher app. 168 MB file for me would take a good 20 minutes to upload at my capped 60Kb/s upstream.

---

Edit:
Okay I tried opening the file that steam downloaded to /addons/workshop/ with GCFScape. It doesn't open while other ones do. Thats a good sign the file is just corrupted data...
Отредактировано Payne☣; 4 янв. 2014 г. в 8:45
It seems to store the files uncompressed though, and the size shown on the workshop seems to be the actual size of the vpk.

I think the max addon size (or the total quota) is set per steam account, and it could be glitched on yours. There might have been some similar issues when the L4D2 workshop was first released. IIRC the devs had to modify peoples quotas manually. Hopefully they will notice your posts, otherwise you could try emailing them.

Edit: You can see your quota in the L4D2 properties page, in the update tab. It's shared with the steam cloud.
Отредактировано Rectus; 4 янв. 2014 г. в 10:09
Edit-

Misunderstood the post, my bad
Отредактировано Tuckerr; 5 янв. 2014 г. в 12:01
Why doesn't Valve just use a uploader through a web page application form instead of tyring use a 1337 .exe application?
am sad i really wanted to play this
Same here, can't upload my 86MB concert mod.
Really like the support we are getting...
Отредактировано Walkas; 21 янв. 2014 г. в 21:48
< >
Сообщения 112 из 12
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 31 дек. 2013 г. в 8:18