Näytä vuoden 2013 ehdokkaat
Voit katsoa videot alla. Äänestys tapahtui viikolla 47. Voittajat julkaistiin 26.11 osoitteessa sourcefilmmaker.com.
Lisätietoja kilpailun yksityiskohdista saat täältä.
WHY VALVE
why you're delete a "the best Replay" movie category im make a replay for saxxy and im now see if i can't win because 'THIS IS NOT A SFM MOVIE" why? D:
Viimeisin muokkaaja on NorgUnit[00]; 19.11.2013 klo 12.24
< >
Näytetään 1-12 / 12 kommentista
Ardy 19.11.2013 klo 13.16 
Because the replays were kind of dumb, it's an Animation contest not a "look what happened to me in-game" contest :/
I don't see what's dumb about demos, there can be many strange, hilarious and weird things happening in-game that can be come fun videos to watch. There should be awards for replays as well IMO, several things can be done in the replay editor to make more of it than just a straight export or from a recorded demo. Not having it, takes something away from the Saxxy Awards IMO.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Lady Netrex; 19.11.2013 klo 16.33
Not only that, but without it in the Saxxies, Replays basically have no real purpose left, besides getting the Frontline Recorder and a few achievements.

Which people will probably hack for anyways.
Not only that, but without it in the Saxxies, Replays basically have no real purpose left, besides getting the Frontline Recorder and a few achievements.

Well, there is still fun in making gaming videos :P
netrex lähetti viestin:

Well, there is still fun in making gaming videos :P
Reckon you got a point. :3
There are a couple possibilities.

1. Getting a saxxy-worthy replay was all based on luck. Where coming up with a great idea, animating, lighting, and editing a great SFM video is all based on skill and talent, saxxy-worthy replays could only be made if you happened upon an incredibly rare, or special occurrence in the game. And even if you did find this, it would have to be on a server that had replays enabled.

2. The replay editor is incredibly buggy. Even if you happened to capture an amazing replay, chances are, trying to open it would crash TF2, or get stuck downloading forever, or certain elements would be missing, or the physics of ragdolls and items would cause things to fall or land differently, completely messing up shots or what made the video great in the first place.

3. Even if you managed to render your amazing replay perfectly, and got it submitted, it would get lost in the endless sea of replay submissions. Last year the the replay category nearly impossible to vote on because of the sheer number of entries. And most of these entries where uneventful, boring replays, so voters didn't even bother trying to sift through the terrible submissions to find the good ones. Your entry could be the most amazing replay ever created, and never be seen until months after the Saxxys ended.

tl;dr: Replays are buggy, they rely on chance, not skill to win, and last year the whole category was a I-don't-wanna-try-I-just-want-a-Saxxy fest.
Nanday0 20.11.2013 klo 16.28 
I'm getting you a dictionary for Christmas.
well take the best replay winner of 2012 as an example; that was just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
last year's winner was bad and there was a bijillion replay entries that were terrible ! so thank you valve for not putting that category this year.
I've worked with the replay editor a lot, and have yet to experience a crash. Maybe I'm special.
keyhaha 22.11.2013 klo 20.17 
It's a replay if you don't need to install SFM to make a replay, and SFM's are to show how good you are at "animating", not how you play. *edit: It takes a lot more skill to do an SFM than to do a silly replay*
Viimeisin muokkaaja on keyhaha; 22.11.2013 klo 20.19
WotHKeylel lähetti viestin:
It's a replay if you don't need to install SFM to make a replay, and SFM's are to show how good you are at "animating", not how you play. *edit: It takes a lot more skill to do an SFM than to do a silly replay*
It takes even more skill to make a whole new game. Make it be only about who makes the best whole new game!
< >
Näytetään 1-12 / 12 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50