Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
CheeseOnToast Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:19am
Your advice
Hello Greenlight community,

This is my first time posting here and I hope I am posting in the right section.
At this time I am developing a platforming game (with a friend and a few others) At the moment we have the typical enemies and traps, I am hoping we can get some feedback of what you would like to see in a platform game which would make it unique and make the consumer buy it and for it to be accepted by Greenlight submission

Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 18, 2013 @ 10:46am 
I would suggest you mske a submission in the concenpt section. It's free to show off your stuff there.
[G] cHeeSy CraCKeRs Nov 20, 2013 @ 5:39am 
From a fellow cheese, I'm basically saying the same thing as Gorlom. But as for the game to make it really stand out you'd need to add something unique to gameplay. E.g. gunpoint has that hacking mechanic. Can't really think of anything off the top of my head
Good luck!
AusSkiller Nov 20, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
I miss the X-Ray vision from Super Metroid, it was a great feature that I haven't seen in any games since. It was a great way to give you hints on what you need to do and cut down all the horrible trial and error trying to gain access to an obvious secret area, and allowed for much more hidden secrets that would be unlikely to be discovered without the X-Ray (like an energy tank in a wall tile). I also liked the way there were several ways to combine modifications to the beam weapon to suit your play style and need.

Of course as great as such things are you really shouldn't shoehorn such features in because they are popular, you should figure out what works to make your game better and do that instead, I'd rather play a game that works well than a game that doesn't but has a few features I really like.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:19am