Steam Greenlight
Closing Greenlight?
I have read Valve will close Greenlight announced in the SteamDevDays in Seattle.

Any info about it? Is for real?
< >
115/40 megjegyzés mutatása
More info found, G.Newell said that will be an evolution where any dev can publish in steam and users reviews works as ads and marketing, if I understand it right.
They are in spanish is eurogamer. Looking for it.

(Sorry I'm looking... Sorry for the error due to hurry)
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Delfar; 2014. jan. 16., 11:01
AusSkiller eredeti hozzászólása:
Found a different article about it in english: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2088443/hello-new-hardware-goodbye-greenlight-valves-spilling-all-its-secrets-at-steam-dev-days.html

That's is far better than the one I read, thank you.
So... will there still be indie games released to Steam, or will there be a flat out NO at the welcome mat. Or... *Shiver* will everything be let in and this becomes an RPG maker community site overnight?
It seems everyone could do it... I'm a little afraid.
Well, guess what, if it does, nerd rage aside, I won't be spending a dime here. You can't support crap, that's what killed Atari. I won't go back to the age of ET, I just won't. Sub standards are not what Steam should be supporting.

I'm actually for a more evolved version of Steam, where there is a small pannel that reviews the majority of the content that will be ALLOWED to be voted on. So we won't get bombed with well... Games like Devin's Quest. To get rid of Greenlight though... and open a floodgate... idk... not smart. I'm not jumping the gun, I'll wait and see if this happens, it has me worried though.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: evolution.400; 2014. jan. 16., 12:08
Is this supposed to be "news"?
Qon eredeti hozzászólása:
Apparently it is because it was said again, even though there isn't anything new being said. Everything that was said (at least in the English article) was said back in August-September.
First time reading it in spanish videogames blogs and news, sorry.
Previously Gabe had just been speculating about what might happen to greenlight, seems like they might have actually decided on it's fate now.

evolution.400 eredeti hozzászólása:
So... will there still be indie games released to Steam, or will there be a flat out NO at the welcome mat. Or... *Shiver* will everything be let in and this becomes an RPG maker community site overnight?
From what I've read and what Gabe has said in the past I'm afraid it'll probably be a let everyone in situation, however there's been a lot of talk about having multiple stores and if I understand the idea correctly anyone can create their own store which people can subscribe to. So if that's right then the popular youtube reviewers like Total Biscuit will probably set up stores containing the games they think are good, and if you were to subscribe to just the reviewers that have similar tastes to you then it might work out OK since you wouldn't see any of the dross. In fact it might even work out better since you probably wouldn't see any "AAA" dross either, and there were some suggestions that people who create a store front get a very small cut of sales from their stores which would allow these reviewers to really ramp up the quality of their reviews since they can generate money directly from them, but there's also a lot that could go very wrong too, I think we'll just have to wait and see though as I'm mostly just speculating on the very small amount of information I was able to dig up.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: AusSkiller; 2014. jan. 16., 17:26
I think the biggest insult, is the fact that it was up for two years, and all that voting may just mean nothing.
It will mean something... In time. Patience is required.
It's news to the new guys. But the rumoured "evolution" seems to be rather similar to a discussion between Sgt. Psycho and myself a while back.
TBH I'm surprised this thread hasn't summoned the "Steams search function can't exclude/hide games I don't want to see therefor they need to fix Greenlight" -troll :trolol: yet. I was sure something like this would bring him out of his hidie hole.
< >
115/40 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2014. jan. 16., 8:41