Steam Greenlight
Needs to be a 3rd vote Option
Something like a "cool game but not interested"

I kinda feel bad everytime I come across a game in my vote queue that doesn't look like my kind of game but isn't neccessarily a bad game, since the other option is "would buy" I'm forced to pick "not interested" which is sort of equivalent to "your game ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ sucks, hell no" which not only reduces the dev's chance of getting Greenlit but also is a somewhat innacurrate representation of my opinion.

A middle ground would be nice.
< >
Viser 1-9 af 9 kommentarer
武艺 5. jan. 2014 kl. 11:36 
I agree. Ofcourse this "would buy" button doesn't force you to actually buy that game, but opition between "this is ♥♥♥♥" and "i'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens" would be cool ". :)
Skoardy 5. jan. 2014 kl. 11:41 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ToastTheMoast:
I'm forced to pick "not interested" which is sort of equivalent to "your game ♥♥♥♥ing sucks, hell no" which not only reduces the dev's chance of getting Greenlit but also is a somewhat innacurrate representation of my opinion.
Nope. It's equivalent to Not Interested and simply removes it from your queue. Maybe try to stop reading more into it? It doesn't lessen the dev's chances (unless you're of the mind that everything should be greenlit, in which case, what's the point of even asking you).

If you feel bad about giving a dev a Not Interested, convey it in the comments if you must. No point muddying the data Valve gets from Greenlight because you're concerned about hurting someone's feelings.
Oprindeligt skrevet af Skoardy:
It doesn't lessen the dev's chances (unless you're of the mind that everything should be greenlit, in which case, what's the point of even asking you).

So your saying a game with 100% not interested votes has the same chance as 100% would buy votes? Thats an even more important issue in its self!
Skoardy 5. jan. 2014 kl. 12:25 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ToastTheMoast:
Oprindeligt skrevet af Skoardy:
It doesn't lessen the dev's chances (unless you're of the mind that everything should be greenlit, in which case, what's the point of even asking you).

So your saying a game with 100% not interested votes has the same chance as 100% would buy votes? Thats an even more important issue in its self!
I would be saying that if I didn't put the brackets in that implied 100% upvoting would be stupid/pointless. You're not taking anything away from them that they had before you voted so clearly you're not reducing anything.

Obviously saying that you're not interested over blindly upvoting every single thing you come across affects their chances but seeing as what you're suggesting has absolutely nothing to do with their chances and everything to do with making yourself feel better, I didn't think that'd be the issue you'd be interested in discussing and so I glossed over it.
Seraphita 5. jan. 2014 kl. 13:21 
There is only a single value in Greenlight: +#. That's all. If someone vote yes on a game, it's +1. It's someone vote no, it's +0. The amount of + determines who voted yes. Voting no doesn't hinter the value. The higher the value, the more interest the game logically gets. Therefore, the games with highest values will probably sell more so they get greenlit before the other ones.

No need for a third options because nobody would give a crap, not even the system itself. All that matters is the +1 value. The +0 one just means you vote no and all it does is removing the game from your queue.
Oprindeligt skrevet af Sera:
There is only a single value in Greenlight: +#. That's all. If someone vote yes on a game, it's +1. It's someone vote no, it's +0. The amount of + determines who voted yes. Voting no doesn't hinter the value. The higher the value, the more interest the game logically gets. Therefore, the games with highest values will probably sell more so they get greenlit before the other ones.

No need for a third options because nobody would give a crap, not even the system itself. All that matters is the +1 value. The +0 one just means you vote no and all it does is removing the game from your queue.

Thanks.
Qon 5. jan. 2014 kl. 15:00 
Aqtually it would still serve a point.
If it works exaqtly like another "no" button then
1) People would feel better in their indecisivness and ignorance
2) People would vote "Qool" instead of "Yes" when they feel like pity voting. Only what you really think that you will buy will get "yes" and the data quality would inqrease even though the "qool" votes are ignored! q:
wilco64256 5. jan. 2014 kl. 18:34 
It's really not that complicated. Just honestly answer the question you're presented with on each project's page. People really overthink the process far too much.
Qon 5. jan. 2014 kl. 18:37 
Oprindeligt skrevet af wilco64256:
It's really not that complicated. Just honestly answer the question you're presented with on each project's page. People really overthink the process far too much.
Exaqtly!

And if you qan't decide - use the third option! Yeah OP you forgot that there's already a third option: "Ask me again later".
Thread title should be "Needs to be a 4th vote Option"
< >
Viser 1-9 af 9 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 5. jan. 2014 kl. 11:04