Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Más información
LazyWraith2D 19 MAR 2014 a las 20:45
Workship Items Are Subscried, But don't appear in addon folder in computer or in game addon selection.
So today I cancled verifying my files for left 4 dead 2, and when I booted the game it took it's sweet ass time to load the addons. I soon quit and tried again. I then found out that half of my subscried addons have disappered form inside the game. Plus, they are also gone from my worshop folder in my comupter, but The addons are still subscried somehow. I later unsubscried and resubscried my missing addons. it worked, but when i exited the game and booted it up again all my resubscried missing addons disappered again. I have no idea what is going on. i want my addons back now. I don't want to unstall the game and reinstall the game becuase I got it free on christmas day and I don't know if I have to pay inorder to get the game again.
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 20 comentarios
NightmareBlitz 19 MAR 2014 a las 21:29 
you dont have to pay again. Steam knows about this problem and are working on it. my game is doing the same thing
Yessssbaby 20 MAR 2014 a las 0:56 
I am having the same problems too!!!
swfan09 20 MAR 2014 a las 1:12 
I'm having the exact same issue. After steam was down today and came back online I started up l4d2 and half my addons don't show up ingame and even in my workshop folder. Re-subscribing works until I restart the game then they are gone again.
Tunneling Jet Pilot 20 MAR 2014 a las 8:16 
similar problems here. i have all my add ons but now everytime i sub, it won't appear in game even after it's completed its download
swfan09 20 MAR 2014 a las 13:54 
Interesting note. I was playing around with my addons and found that if I unsubscribe from a few, the same number of addons that were missing before will reappear (remove 3 and 3 missing ones reappear for example). It's almost like there is a cap of how many addons I can have, but I didn't have this problem before steam went down. However, this does not seem to affect addons that I have downloaded from l4dmaps.com and installed myself. Only the steam workshop seems to have this issue for me.
same here. and if steam went down and then when its back up, most workshop items are gone, it could be that either some guy at valve had some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ idea to limit the # of mods you have, or... the workshop was hacked some how. Reply if you agree or dis-agree with these theories.
swfan09 21 MAR 2014 a las 19:34 
I made a support ticket on the steam website and they told me that they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. Thats all they said. So I don't think that they decided to limit the number of mods that you can have. Also several of my friends are having this issue too.
Solzyi 21 MAR 2014 a las 19:53 
Yeah, after messing it with a lot just now it seems the current problem is there's a limit of sorts. You can get new mods, but it's only the first [x number] that you subscribed to that show up in the Addons list and load ingame. Also of note is if you check the console after launching the game it reports that it deletes some, most likely the ones past the cap. It's good to know that Valve is aware of this and considers it a problem and not some new "feature" though. Hopefully they'll resolve it quickly.
kittpie 22 MAR 2014 a las 3:42 
not played in a while, had to sit through a 5gb "update", now have to wait longer due to my addons being removed without permission, thanks again steam
Última edición por kittpie; 22 MAR 2014 a las 3:43
ifehy730eoc 22 MAR 2014 a las 11:16 
same promble but i am sure to find a way to get them back. Know of a way? I be happy to hear it
CrazyCanadian 22 MAR 2014 a las 15:31 
I got this problem, and the same thing happened for Duke Nukem 3D, witht he user maps. Got all screwed up, however the Duke Nukem ones are fixed now.
Blouda 22 MAR 2014 a las 15:34 
Good to know that not only i have this problem i thought something with my steam workshop is wrong ........ Ohhhhh and i reinstalled the game and nothing happend , the problem is still there . So the main question is do valve try to give us a addon limit or is this only a big issue what valve had yet ?
Axel 23 MAR 2014 a las 3:24 
I hope they correct this quickly.
nicoll954 25 MAR 2014 a las 6:21 
Publicado originalmente por NightmareBlitz:
you dont have to pay again. Steam knows about this problem and are working on it. my game is doing the same thing

Good to hear, thanks for that..i was about to cry..again..haha.
HEY! ALL ME ADDONS ARE RE INSTALLING! THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE GONE! I WILL RESPOND AGAIN IF IM RIGHT!
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 20 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 19 MAR 2014 a las 20:45