Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Learn More
Left 4 Dead 2 Deletes all the Workshop VPK's and their JPG's
So basically due to where I live, internet is not an option. So because I love Left 4 Dead 2 and the workshop, downloading the workshop while online (Library) seems like the next best thing. So whenever I go to the library I download workshop. After they have finished downloading they appear and I usually leave them all activated. Afterwords I leave and while offline at home I reopen left 4 dead 2. Two things happen,

1) Workshop loads all the addons and I play with them (Usually they show up if I haven't downloaded all of them while online)

2) The loading symbol next to the addons tab quickly disappears, after clicking on the addons tab the entire thing is blank, which is strange because all 326 addons showed up while online. After I check the console it says that

Addons/workshop/(Whatever the Number).vpk has been deleted
Addons/workshop/(Same Number ^).jpg has been deleted

and it shows this for all the addons. After closing left 4 dead 2 I have free space on the HDD and the workshop folder is empty. The funny thing is, this is the only game with workshop that does this. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Last edited by The Renegadist; Jan 21, 2014 @ 4:49pm
Date Posted: Jan 21, 2014 @ 4:13pm