The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

为您的游戏找出最好的模组
寻找并安装您喜欢的模组已经比以前更简单了。模组制作者也很享受这种直接将模组上传至 Steam 的流水线过程。点击这里以了解更多。
Frankenstein 5 2014 年 5 月 18 日 上午 10:22
Problem with creating an alternative armor skin
Hi guys,

I've been modding for quite some time now, mostly just for my own benefit, making the game more to my liking and I recently stumbled over the following problem:

My reskinned armor (including new armor item, new armor addon, new texture set) is basically a dragonscale armor with a deep-blue shade.

BUT the armor simply looks like the original from further away.
Only in vanity cam mode very close up or 1st person it sort of looks like it is supposed to.
Any ideas what's the problem?

BTW: if I simply leave out the "normal/gloss" texture in the texture set, that fixes it, but only at the cost of making the whole armor looking like plastic foil.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 8 条,共 8 条留言
Sai'Raks 4 2014 年 5 月 18 日 下午 12:33 
That is pretty weird, as if the LOD is still using old texture or a problem with mipmaps.
How did you create the retexture?
Did you change the info in the NIF file or used TextureSets in CK?
Frankenstein 5 2014 年 5 月 18 日 下午 1:09 
My process:

I unpack the original textures with FMOD and use GIMP to edit them.
Next I create new texture sets using the new texture for the "diffuse" and the "*_n" from the old texture for "normal/gloss".
Then I create an Armor Addon by duplicating the addon of the original armor but use the new texture set.
Final step: Creation of new item by dupilcating the old item and using the new armor addon.

My guess is that the problem is the "normal/gloss" texture. No idea what to do with that.

The mod tutorial I've seen so far doesn't use it or change it at all, but if I leave it empty, my armor looks like squeaky wellies.
Frankenstein 5 2014 年 5 月 18 日 下午 1:13 
BTW: Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm basically trying to replicate a simpler version of your dragonscale mod. (So the recipe stays the same, even if the armor looks different)

And it's just my second try at modding textures. My other try with weapons was a complete letdown (trying to make brighter/ivory versions of the dragonbone weapons from Dawnguard). I couldn't get my skins to work at all. Even with using nif and changing the info in there.
Frankenstein 5 2014 年 5 月 18 日 下午 10:04 
Okay, found the problem.

It seems that when "exporting to dds" with GIMP, you shouldn't use the "use existing mipmaps" option. Well, learned something new today.
Sai'Raks 4 2014 年 5 月 19 日 上午 12:42 
Glad you figured that out :)
Mipmaps are just copies of your texture, but get smaller and smaller. For instance, if you have 1024x1024 texture, the DDS will generate mipmaps with 512x512, 256x256, 128x128, 64x64 and 32x32 pixels that will be used instead of the original one when the object is further away in order to save some resources.
What happened in your case was just that the plugin used what mipmaps already were created rather than generating new ones with your colors.

Best of luck!
Frankenstein 5 2014 年 5 月 19 日 上午 3:27 
Yeah, after some Wikipedia and some GIMP-Googling, I figured it out. Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. Now I only have to deal with the fact that my re-skin looks terrible.

BTW: You wouldn't know why it is impossible to generate a "small" filepath (without the superior folder structure - no drive and so on) when changing the nif-info in nifskope?
Sai'Raks 4 2014 年 5 月 19 日 上午 11:01 
It should be possible.
I believe you should just start with /textures/ .. or was it /data/textures ? Cant remember.

Make sure that you deal with the alpha channel on the normal map, as that serves as the specular map.
Frankenstein 5 2014 年 5 月 19 日 下午 9:48 
Okay, I really should stop following crappy Youtube-tutorials and start actually understanding what I'm doing. XD
< >
正在显示第 1 - 8 条,共 8 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50

发帖日期: 2014 年 5 月 18 日 上午 10:22
回复数: 8