Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Gain access to the (Windows Only) level editor that the Young Horses used to create Octodad: Dadliest Catch. Create your own ridiculous levels and challenges to share with others.
Lue lisää
Any idea on how I should do this?
I want to try to make a level that takes place in the Grocery Store. The store is closed, Octodad has a new job, and he has to mop up all the red sticky stuff in the area. But recreating the entire level would take forever, because I can't get the lights / cameras in the exact way. And i'm not sure how to copy the origional levels because there are all different names (grocery_main, grocery_sodacity, etc). And when I tried to do that, the floor in the produce section was glitched. How should I go about doing this?
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 17 kommentista
Luthyr  [kehittäjä] 10 17.4.2014 klo 21.08 
You should first copy all the Grocery_*.irr files into a new folder, such as
Content/Workshop/GroceryNight/Grocery_Main.irr, etc.

Then, you should open up Grocery_Main.irr in the editor. There will be 7 SubLevel objects with icons that look like Houses that link to the old Grocery_* levels, such as Grocery_SodaCity. You need to change the path of each one to link to the newly copied ones in your mod folder.

To do this, change the SubLevelFileName attribute to link to the sublevels, such as changing:
Content/Levels/Grocery_Front.irr to Content/Workshop/GroceryNight/Grocery_Front.irr. If you click within the attribute text box, a [...] context button will appear. You can click this to open a file open dialog to browse to the level instead of typing in the path.

You must do this with all of them, or else they will link to the in-game grocery sublevel files, and you risk messing up your game if you save those files.
I see. I'll try to do that now. Renaming them all to groceryjob_main wouldn't do anything bad right? I'm gonna start doing that and removing all the shoppers/tasks.
I think I did something wrong, I changed the path but you know how it had like "sub levels" with other thinks in them? Well doing that got rid of all those. And I don't know how it did this but it changed the offical levels too. So now I gotta redownload the game.
Luthyr  [kehittäjä] 10 18.4.2014 klo 8.40 
If you verify your game cache in Steam properties for Octodad, it'll correct the files without redownloading the entire game.
Luthyr lähetti viestin:
If you verify your game cache in Steam properties for Octodad, it'll correct the files without redownloading the entire game.
Oh ok, it's redownoaded again, but i'll remember that for next time. Now how do I clear the list of tasks so it doesn't say "Get the perfect apple/pizza/etc."?
Luthyr  [kehittäjä] 10 18.4.2014 klo 9.06 
If you use Scene Search and search for 'Objective' you can double click them to go to them in the Scene Tree and delete them.
This is going well, thanks again for helping, now how do I remove the shoppers in the produce section and the weird ceriel lady?
Luthyr  [kehittäjä] 10 18.4.2014 klo 12.09 
You can search for CharacterObject
And what should I do with all the error messages below the main editor window?
Luthyr  [kehittäjä] 10 18.4.2014 klo 14.09 
Many of them are harmless (hopefully they are not spamming the window repeatedly). But otherwise, you want to search for TriggerObjects that have logic that reference the objects you just deleted.

For instance, it could say:
Error: Could not find SceneNode ID 213 or something.

If you search "213" in the scene search, you will find objects (often TriggerObjects) that reference those. Either change the logic in the Attributes window of that object to not include that number, or delete that object too if you think it is okay to do so.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Luthyr; 18.4.2014 klo 14.10
"hopefully they are not spamming the window repeatedly"
That is exactly what is happening...
I managed to get rid of most of the errors. Most of them seemed to be coming from the produce section.
One problem I seem to have is the task doesnt show up on the health meter.
Luthyr  [kehittäjä] 10 18.4.2014 klo 20.17 
Make sure the Objective has the Revealed checkbox marked.
That still doesn't seem to be working, i'm gonna try and look at how it is in other levels. For the level, I think i'll have about 3 tasks, 1 is to restock the shelf with more Sports Johnson ceriel. And 1 will be to remove the expired cheese.
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 17 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50