The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Sir_Blaze Jul 20, 2015 @ 10:52am
i'd like a Build your own fort/player home
if there are any modders that could do this I would love a player owned Fort but done in the vein of the Morrowind player home and hearth fire combined-

what i mean by this is hiring people from around Skyrim to work on it the more people you get the more features the Fort has access too and the quicker it builds and to be done in stages like a quest. So if you hire a blacksmith to work on the fort the fort will get a smithy and dependent on the lvl of the smithy or how many blacksmiths you manage to recruit determines what grade of goods the smithy supplies, hire a gardener and he sets up a little horitculture patch, hire an inn-keep you get a tavern,

it could be taken further by getting resource contracts if you're only able to aquire a small amount of wood you get the buildings and a dirt ditch and wall for protection you get stone a huge stone contract you get a castle wall, at the end maybe a small stipend to be payed regularly to the player ( but when i say small i mean maybe 400-500 gold a week from a maxed fort to keep inline with the actual lore the people aren't that rich so can't pay huge taxes.

also then the ability to hire a mercenary or guard company to look after the keep maybe even an agreement with 1 of the holds you swear fealty to said lord he supplies you with a few guards to protect your holding you pay your taxes to him.

Basically i'm looking for something immersive and lore friendly without me at the end just getting so much gold its like i can tip the market at any time but where i feel that i've earned the right to own the fort as well.

oh and available on steam workshop
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
jjb-54 1 Jul 20, 2015 @ 9:32pm 
Sorry - but to be honest, most mod creators are avoiding STEAM as with the recent and on going bug ... that shows no sign of being fixed any time soon.

So if you are limiting yourself to STEAM - you are shooting yourself in the foot.
Sir_Blaze Jul 21, 2015 @ 5:27pm 
I've tried nexus before with morrowind and oblivion both times i had to uninstall the game and do fresh installs as the mods broke them. i've never had that trouble with steam workshop to date
Roscaria Jul 22, 2015 @ 3:17am 
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850&searchtext=build+your+own+home&childp

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292404497

These are the only two 'build your own' on Workshop that I know of, but no guarantees how good they are.
Last edited by Roscaria; Jul 22, 2015 @ 3:19am
Sir_Blaze Aug 5, 2015 @ 5:07am 
the first link doesn't seem to link anything

The second isn't really what i'm after as you just place items its like coming with a ready made thing you just place, I'm after a progressive build so like a series of quests and as you do more and time passes the construction gets done something that was immersive like morrowinds house quest was. But ty for the effort of looking
Roscaria Aug 5, 2015 @ 5:19am 
The link takes you to the Workshop page where the first mod is Build Your Own Home which is what you requested.
Sir_Blaze Aug 6, 2015 @ 12:31pm 
ahh it is not a bad mod but not quite the depth i was looking for, and more wanting a fort/castle style which i do mention. additionally i was wanting to do it in a quest and time style like they did for the player homes in morrowind.

But ty for your troubles good sire
Roscaria Aug 6, 2015 @ 7:00pm 
Wrong gender :) Seriously, if you want something more quest related then you will have to go to the Nexus, workshop is limited as you have discovered.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 20, 2015 @ 10:52am