Steam Greenlight
Talamander 2014년 7월 6일 오전 9시 30분
I have a few questions about Greenlight
I haven't been able to find the answers to these questions anywhere, so here goes it.

Can you upload builds of your game to test on steam? Or is that only after you are Greenlit? (ie. Upload your game and have it in your library)

Once you are Greenlit with one game, do you have to go through the same process with all other games?

Thanks
< >
8개 댓글 중 1-8개 표시
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 7월 6일 오전 9시 37분 
Talamander님이 먼저 게시:
I haven't been able to find the answers to these questions anywhere, so here goes it.

Can you upload builds of your game to test on steam? Or is that only after you are Greenlit? (ie. Upload your game and have it in your library)
No, to have any playable build accessable through Steam servers you need to have gotten accepted either through public greenlight or through their internal greenlight process (which I belive consists of a publisher with previous relationship with Valve insists on haveing the game sold on Steam)

Edit: If you are asking about testing out Steamworks API or whatever it is called I think that might be possible before you get greenlit. But you can't have other people download your build throughh steam before getting greenlit or otherwise acceepted.

Once you are Greenlit with one game, do you have to go through the same process with all other games?
Yes, I belive you do. To my understanding you only need to pay the 100 dolalr submission fee once for that first game though. After that you will ahve a developer account and can submit as many gmaes to Greenlight as you want/can produce.

Gorlom[Swe] 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 7월 6일 오전 9시 39분
Talamander 2014년 7월 6일 오전 9시 49분 
First off, thanks for answering so fast.

I'm friends with the developer of The Forest on steam, a while back I talked to him about why his game didn't require "votes" on Greenlight and he said he had a developer account. So, to be clear once you get your first game Greenlit you can skip the voting process on your other games? Also, I do not mean have other people downloading the game, but myself actually testing the game on steam. Ben, the developer of The Forest had his game The Forest on his steam library long before the game released...how?
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 7월 6일 오전 10시 31분 
Talamander님이 먼저 게시:
First off, thanks for answering so fast.

I'm friends with the developer of The Forest on steam, a while back I talked to him about why his game didn't require "votes" on Greenlight and he said he had a developer account.
You mean this game that has been voted on and already gotten Greenlit?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143803558&searchtext=the+forest

I have no idea what conversation you had but he didn't skip requiering votes...

So, to be clear once you get your first game Greenlit you can skip the voting process on your other games?
No? I think you should still need to go through Greenlight even with new games as far as I understand. The exception is if you have a publisher or something.
Also, I do not mean have other people downloading the game, but myself actually testing the game on steam. Ben, the developer of The Forest had his game The Forest on his steam library long before the game released...how?
What would you actually be testing on Steam? I don't understand?

Your friend probably added his game to his steam library like you can do with every non-steam game. That does not mean the game is on Steam or that you can download it through steam.
To add a nonsteam game to your library click "games" at the top right on your steam client. from the popup list select "Add a non-steam game to my library..." and then browse your files for the exe of that game.
wilco64256 2014년 7월 6일 오전 10시 38분 
Once you have been through Greenlight with any game, you do not have to submit future games to Greenlight.
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 7월 6일 오전 10시 45분 
Oh ok, my bad then.

(That seems kind of exploitable... Wonder what will happen if/when Rocksimulator 2014 gets through)
Gorlom[Swe] 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 7월 6일 오전 10시 46분
Talamander 2014년 7월 6일 오전 11시 17분 
GorlomSwe님이 먼저 게시:
Oh ok, my bad then.

(That seems kind of exploitable... Wonder what will happen if/when Rocksimulator 2014 gets through)

The Rock Simulator 2 Premuim $100 DLC Pack /w Microstransactions gets added, this is just the front :D

And as far as the game being in his steam library, it wasn't a non steam game.
C0untzer0 2014년 7월 6일 오전 11시 27분 
Why are you asking complete strangers about things your friend has done? Wouldn't it be more sensible to ask your friend?
Talamander 2014년 7월 6일 오전 11시 29분 
C0untzer0님이 먼저 게시:
Why are you asking complete strangers about things your friend has done? Wouldn't it be more sensible to ask your friend?

:rfacepalm: Just...leave. Logic isn't allowed on the internet
< >
8개 댓글 중 1-8개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2014년 7월 6일 오전 9시 30분
게시글: 8