The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Löydä parhaat modit peliisi
Suosikkimodisi löytäminen ja asentaminen on nyt helpompaa kuin koskaan ennen. Modintekijät nauttivat myös tästä virtaviivaisesta menetelmästä lähettää modeja suoraan Steamiin. Napsauta tästä nähdäksesi miten tämä toimii.
Which is more important to YOU, Gameplay or Graphics?
Personally i find the gameplay comes first, as long as the graphics are comfortable and in place, no rabits called "dragen" with horns pasted on or visuals that are clearly stolen from another game or movie.

So i guess its like a 7-3 split on the side of gameplay.

Gameplay being everything you actually do in the game. Ignore lore and such being slightly separate from this, as it would be too complicated.

Graphics are of course, "oooooh pretty!"

SO which do you find more important in a game and/or the mods you would place on it.

PS- this assumes the game actually works unlike alot of vanilla skyrim or mod clashes and any technical issues such as hardware being ignored.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Merilirem; 26.7.2014 klo 19.26
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
Gameplay. Basically also because I have an old monitor that sometimes glitches.
gameplay. there are so many amazing games with questionable graphics. just an example, I started my elder scrolls experience with skyrim. then i bought oblivion and morrowind. at first the graphic threw me off cause i was used to skyrims. then i got into the story line, and all the wonderful gameplay stuff, and i really love the games now.
gameplay forever.
gameplay.

If I just wanted to see pretty pictures I'd stick around deviantart more often >__>

Not to say graphics aren't relevant, but if the gameplay (and/or story) isn't superb then the game will never be anything more than mediocre.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Adura; 26.7.2014 klo 20.37
Gameplay. As proof, I'm the only person who actually plays Morrowind with vanilla graphics. Not even the hardcore fanbois do that.
Brandybuck lähetti viestin:
Gameplay. As proof, I'm the only person who actually plays Morrowind with vanilla graphics. Not even the hardcore fanbois do that.

I play all games with as much vanilla or fitting mods graphics available, morrowind was always perfect the way it was. Some mods however require certain graphics to run at all, so it becomes a nescessity.
You want some good graphics? You want some good ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ graphics eh? Then how about you poke your head through a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ window, that's how you get some good ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ graphics.
Kazoodle lähetti viestin:
You want some good graphics? You want some good ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ graphics eh? Then how about you poke your head through a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ window, that's how you get some good ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ graphics.

You realise no one asked for graphics, or even said graphics are more important to them yet, right?
Rem_the_twilight lähetti viestin:
You realise no one asked for graphics, or even said graphics are more important to them yet, right?

Suspecting troll behavior.

Or just woefully unwilling to read the thread =/

*shrug* just ignore it >.<

I'm rather glad to see ppl go for gameplay more. Seems more recent games are trading in story/gameplay elements to up the graphics. It's understandable given the upgraded hardware in the consoles, but it's really disappointing to see D:

Also, too much multiplayer only! Last few really big releases have been almost no-story multiplayer games. Sure, they had good gameplay - sometimes even better than good - but I fear for a world where narrative, gameplay and your own personal journey are no longer important factors in the popular gaming environment.

edit: Mostly remarks are on console focused games, to be fair. But since those are the lowest common denominator, their trends are important to the industry as a whole >.<
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Adura; 27.7.2014 klo 2.15
Adura lähetti viestin:
Rem_the_twilight lähetti viestin:

Suspecting troll behavior.

Or just woefully unwilling to read the thread =/

*shrug* just ignore it >.<

I'm rather glad to see ppl go for gameplay more. Seems more recent games are trading in story/gameplay elements to up the graphics. It's understandable given the upgraded hardware in the consoles, but it's really disappointing to see D:

Also, too much multiplayer only! Last few really big releases have been almost no-story multiplayer games. Sure, they had good gameplay - sometimes even better than good - but I fear for a world where narrative, gameplay and your own personal journey are no longer important factors in the popular gaming environment.

edit: Mostly remarks are on console focused games, to be fair. But since those are the lowest common denominator, their trends are important to the industry as a whole >.<

Indeed, it does seem like the more interesting a game world is, the worse its gameplay and design, though to a certain degree graphics can be understood. Base skyrim gameplay is pretty weak, and when multiplayer is involved in games ,it tends to take a "everyone is born and dies equal" approach, which works for games like halo, but fails for games with a personal experience factor.
Game play first and second. Sometimes I wonder about certain mods. I understand and appreciate looks and feel of a game. But just how much "immersion" can be too much and does it really and honestly add to the game.

I'm not picking on any specific mods - just generically explaining my point.

IE: Mod that makes the Sun and Clouds " prettier " ... How much do we really need ' petty clouds '? I mean, I suppose if you want to lay down and look at the clouds and see what you can create with them ... ??? But for me, I'm happy with the vanilla clouds and sun. They shade - shine and rain .. I personally do not need a mod to make this " better ". I'd rather use the mod space for other items.

My usual thought when I see a mod - Just how important is mod to my game play and is it worth the limited mod allocation and will it slow down my game?
jjb-54 lähetti viestin:
Game play first and second. Sometimes I wonder about certain mods. I understand and appreciate looks and feel of a game. But just how much "immersion" can be too much and does it really and honestly add to the game.

I'm not picking on any specific mods - just generically explaining my point.

IE: Mod that makes the Sun and Clouds " prettier " ... How much do we really need ' petty clouds '? I mean, I suppose if you want to lay down and look at the clouds and see what you can create with them ... ??? But for me, I'm happy with the vanilla clouds and sun. They shade - shine and rain .. I personally do not need a mod to make this " better ". I'd rather use the mod space for other items.

My usual thought when I see a mod - Just how important is mod to my game play and is it worth the limited mod allocation and will it slow down my game?

Indeed, mods that make the sun "better" or whatever are def for the overall feel type of play, who has the full mod visual package mentality and need it to look the same. I however quite enjoy mods that make changes to gameplay with visual effects. Like ones that change the enviroment in deeper ways, so you have to deal with it, not just look at it.
I'm all for better graphics when possible. However, I can certainly enjoy older games with good gameplay. I bought Fable TLC not too long ago, and I have enjoyed playing that game.

Skyrim looks good to me even with shadows turned off. The performance hit for quality shadows is too high for my current hardware, and I can't stand vibrating, pixelly shadows. The fact is, though, once you get used to the way it looks, you don't really pay that much attention to the graphics unless there's something that really, really bugs you.

The mods I use are mostly about gameplay. One in particular that I find very useful is target lock-on. This is to me such a useful feature that I can't understand why it wasn't implemented in the base game.
Graphics is good to draw the player in, get them immersed. But without the gameplay they won't stay.
troylights lähetti viestin:
I'm all for better graphics when possible. However, I can certainly enjoy older games with good gameplay. I bought Fable TLC not too long ago, and I have enjoyed playing that game.

Skyrim looks good to me even with shadows turned off. The performance hit for quality shadows is too high for my current hardware, and I can't stand vibrating, pixelly shadows. The fact is, though, once you get used to the way it looks, you don't really pay that much attention to the graphics unless there's something that really, really bugs you.

The mods I use are mostly about gameplay. One in particular that I find very useful is target lock-on. This is to me such a useful feature that I can't understand why it wasn't implemented in the base game.

They probably felt that a lock on system went against the idea of the player having to play themselves. I agree myself that lock on systems are a crutch used by players who dont want to actually aim, or designers who dont want to make a game with proper aim and just let the game do it. When you can lock on, its often unreasonable to play without it. In dark souls for example the lock on is both required for combat and a hindrance to it. game have gotten better with soft lock systems more openly used, but the hardlock is still a major mechanic. Imagine halo with a lock on system lol.

Humans have a very soft lock system in place, so completely free play is a little unnatural as you have to conciously make small motions that your body would normally do for you, as it focused on the enemy.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Merilirem; 28.7.2014 klo 22.05
I think it's pretty obvious that most people playing ES games do it for the gameplay, purely because of the length of time it takes to develop them, the graphics are a few years behind by the time they get released. That's why modders update them.

troylights lähetti viestin:

I agree, although one thing I've always noticed is how great the night sky looks in ES games. Years on of looking at it and I still stop and just look every once in a while.
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 26.7.2014 klo 19.23