Total War: WARHAMMER

Total War: WARHAMMER

Create and Share Custom Mods
The best mods for Total War: WARHAMMER live here. Mods are made by players, for players and are not officially licensed by Games Workshop. Click 'Learn More' below to read our Modder’s Guide.
Learn More
Cataph 14 Jun 30, 2016 @ 6:55am
Patching hints for Unit Packers and Tweakers!
Just a quick note to make things easier to aforesaid people out there, stuff that you have to update for the Blood patch (not entirely sure what happens if you don't have the DLC):

- man_entity: all battle entities have been changed to allow blood effects, so you have to update the man_entity column in land_units.
- battle entities: as the table has been changed for the said reason, update it or it will spell trouble. Easier when PFM is going to be fully up to date. Might be quicker if you just revert stuff to vanilla blood entities for the time being.
- mounts: same thing goes for new/edited mounts.
- armours: at least one unit_armour has been eradicated (brt_chainmail) so make sure you're not using it anymore.

At least this is what I had to change. Godspeed.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Dodgy Scotsman 2 Jun 30, 2016 @ 6:59am 
Cheers Cataph :D
Steel*Faith Jun 30, 2016 @ 7:08am 
Thanks for this!
KEN RAILINGS 4 Jun 30, 2016 @ 7:17am 
Any idea how to update the new columns in the battle_entities table? Do I need to wait for a PFM update?
Cataph 14 Jun 30, 2016 @ 7:23am 
Either that or exporting stuff via Dave again.
KEN RAILINGS 4 Jun 30, 2016 @ 7:47am 
I'm trying to tweak the schema for battle_entities but I can't for the life of me figure out the new order. Looks like they added 2 bools and 2 floats, but they might not be at the end?

Can anyone figure out where the new columns have been added?
Cataph 14 Jun 30, 2016 @ 7:54am 
Those that reek of fresh paint are:
- has_blood (true/false)
- can_dismember (ditto)
- dismember_arms (0,5 or -1)
- dismember_head (ditto)

I see them in Dave in this order at the very end of the table. The last two columns are 0,5 only for zombies and skellies, for example.
KEN RAILINGS 4 Jun 30, 2016 @ 8:16am 
Yeah, that's what I've got as well. And the tables are on version 31 now. Updating PFM's shcema files and adding those columns does not seem to work. I wonder if I'm just not getting the order right? Tried several variations now but no luck.
Kaima 7 Jun 30, 2016 @ 8:51am 
Thanks! (:
KEN RAILINGS 4 Jun 30, 2016 @ 10:00am 
Damn, were those the only things you had to change? I'm still getting crashes. Not sure what I'm doin' wrong T_T
Carpe DM 5 Jun 30, 2016 @ 10:02am 
Thank you for this, wouldn't have noticed the new entities without it
Cataph 14 Jun 30, 2016 @ 10:03am 
Yep. You might have some other obsolete/nuked item around. I actually stumbled on the disappeared brt_chainmail almost by chance while I was reinstating units one by one to narrow down the remaining issue. :|
thank you Cataph
Kaia 6 Jun 30, 2016 @ 10:59am 
Big help, thanks Cataph.
Glacierheart Jun 30, 2016 @ 12:43pm 
After correcting these entries, my mod seem to still be crashing :[. But the crash happens when i click on the "Custom Battle" option in the main menu. Any advice :[?

Or if possible, if your interested, i have a beta version of my mod set to "friends only" if you maybe get a second to take a look for yourself. Ill throw out an invite.
Glacierheart Jun 30, 2016 @ 1:04pm 
GOT IT!!!

stupid sneaky officers.... with there fancy untitled battle entity column i forgot about
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 30, 2016 @ 6:55am