Steam Greenlight
What about other countries ?
all of you talk about the new submission fee that will be applied but it's in USD what about the other countries that have some Devs but deal with other currencies as main like egyptian pound
SAR , DZD and others if this new system is applied then it must have an equivalent currencies that is equivalent to their living standards not what is equivalent to your USD as it wont be good thing if that is applied . so each country must have it's own fee .
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
wilco64256 Feb 13, 2017 @ 11:31am 
Well the Greenlight developer fee varied based on what country it was purchased from, so the new system will likely be similar.
Luxor Feb 13, 2017 @ 11:57am 
I can't imagine Valve putting that much thought into it, it might be a simple conversion of the fee they plan into the "local" currency. While I like the equality of it, for smaller developers in those countries, it could turn out to be a large portion of their monthly income, with no guarantee of return. However, I assumed quite a lot of things, we should wait and see what they actually come up with.
Well the fee of the greenlight doesn't vary as you said

I hope the currencies system be applied or devs in other countries would be unfair
C0untzer0 Feb 14, 2017 @ 1:43am 
And it would be much cheaper for me to register as a company in Tuvalu than it would be to pay the submision fee from my home country, so I'd have plenty incentive to abuse the system. Hell, #i'm far from the shadiest developer in the business, but I'd be forced to consider it, as would my employer...
Blarf Feb 14, 2017 @ 1:52am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
And it would be much cheaper for me to register as a company in Tuvalu than it would be to pay the submision fee from my home country, so I'd have plenty incentive to abuse the system. Hell, #i'm far from the shadiest developer in the business, but I'd be forced to consider it, as would my employer...

Wouldn't that be illegal? Not just a violation of a web site's policy, but actually a felony of some sort? Falsifying government documents, tax evasion, and other crimes?
Last edited by Blarf; Feb 14, 2017 @ 1:54am
!eu Feb 14, 2017 @ 4:47am 
Originally posted by Dark Space Studios:

I hope the currencies system be applied or devs in other countries would be unfair

Actually it does, for Brasil the Greenlight fee is ~50 USD.

You have to consider the local economy. If Valve charges 5k USD for Brasil for example, is the same as charge 15k USD for the US.

So, they will use different prices for different regions, probably...
SondreD Feb 14, 2017 @ 4:53am 
As long as the paperwork process is translated to Norwegian im happy
Dark Space Studios Feb 14, 2017 @ 10:03am 
Originally posted by SC Jogos:
Originally posted by Dark Space Studios:

Actually it does, for Brasil the Greenlight fee is ~50 USD.

You have to consider the local economy. If Valve charges 5k USD for Brasil for example, is the same as charge 15k USD for the US.

So, they will use different prices for different regions, probably...

actually when i paid the fee ( i'm in egypt ) i payed 100 dollars
what you didn't understand from what i'm saying is
let's say the new fee is 5000$ so when some one like me pay this fee in egypt i will be 100000 egyptian pound which is way too much for someone to pay it's too much for the living standards here so what i want is too much a system to be suitable for the living standards in each country for ex
in USA the required fee be 5000$ ( as we considered before ) and the fee in egypt be 5 thousand pounds and so on for each country others may be 2000 for their pound and like that for each one but if it got payed by the money equivalent to the dollar other developer in other country will be @@@@
wilco64256 Feb 14, 2017 @ 10:14am 
It's not going to be $5,000. That's just what some third party developer had suggested once to Valve.
Warlock Kepy Feb 14, 2017 @ 10:38am 
The fee most likely will be the same for all places due to high chance of its abuse. Or would you like your egyptian game to be on market only in egypt?
VEKORE Feb 14, 2017 @ 12:35pm 
finally i found someone egyptian like me and understand our current problems .-.
SondreD Feb 14, 2017 @ 12:48pm 
Originally posted by abdelHalim#FakeLife:
finally i found someone egyptian like me and understand our current problems .-.

It is best to find like-minded people or people that understand you better. Good luck :)
C0untzer0 Feb 14, 2017 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by Blarf:
Originally posted by C0untzer0:

Wouldn't that be illegal? Not just a violation of a web site's policy, but actually a felony of some sort? Falsifying government documents, tax evasion, and other crimes?
Not at all, it's an everyday part of a global free market. Why do you suggest there would be any falsification of documents or evasion of taxes? Perhaps your own standards are colouring how you believe others to operate?
Dark Space Studios Feb 15, 2017 @ 11:40pm 
Originally posted by Warlock Kepy:
The fee most likely will be the same for all places due to high chance of its abuse. Or would you like your egyptian game to be on market only in egypt?

i'm just saying that it would be better if they put into consideration developer of other countries
Dark Space Studios Feb 15, 2017 @ 11:41pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
It's not going to be $5,000. That's just what some third party developer had suggested once to Valve.
i said "say" = "suppose"
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 13, 2017 @ 11:29am