Please see below for the answers to your questions. Although we originally planned to pick ten questions, we figured it might be best to answer as many questions as possible.
So there you have it. Please tell us your thoughts!
1. Will there be commands like kick/ban for server host to moderate players?
We’re considering adding those features but this depends on how we decide to do the game service. If we decide to stay with the current way (user-hosted servers), it will take some time before the features are added. On the other hand, if we decide to rent all the servers ourselves, it will be just a matter of time before those features are added. However, it will be costly for us. We’ve currently put these features on hold as we haven’t decided which direction we want to go.
2. Do you plan to implement a ranked match system/auto server search features?
If we decide to rent the servers 100% ourselves at the end, ranked match system& auto server-search will be implemented as we also see them as crucial. But then again this also depends on how successful the game becomes and how big the user base gets because it’s costly to rent servers.
3. How many characters does Archeblade (the novel) have right now that could potentially become characters in the game? Who will be the next character and when will he/she be added?
There are already many characters we can use from the novel. How many depends on how the game performs in the future. The next character in line is Woojin who is the main character of the novel. We will start working on him after official release.
4. Will there be PvE or Co-op mode in the game?
This is included in our work-list but we put it on hold as we decided it wasn’t our top priority. It will definitely come later. We’re considering implementing AI for the tutorial and defense mode for our next major update after official release.
5. Will color/seasonal skins be available for purchase again?
Yes and No, as we’re going to add customization system in which you can change colors and equip armors/weapons/accessories. Please refer to the image below for more information on the customization system. Please keep in mind that it’s a work-in-progress.
6. How frequent updates/patches will be? And could you share some kind of roadmap with users?
At the moment, we haven’t set any fixed dates for patches and updates. We’re planning to do an update on a need-to-do basis at the moment but our wild guess is it will probably take place every 2~3 months or so. Of course, if the game does well in the future and we hire more staff, it will be more frequent with more content.
Our rough plan is, since we don’t have enough features and an amount of content that users would expect in a game yet, we will focus on adding those first.
7. Any major features that you are planning to try and implement next?
Next game features in line are Customization, PvE, and Server & DB Management.
8. Will you be adding a Duel mode or a 1v1 mode?
We don’t have a particular plan to add this mode and it is somewhat possible to have 1 vs. 1 match even now albeit to a limited extent. However, if we get a lot of requests from users for this after official release, we may consider adding it.
9. Will there be knock-down or throws in the game?
We don’t have any plan to implement knock-down at the moment because we decided it’s not suitable for our gameplay mechanics. As for throw, we might add it to certain characters but it all depends on how it plays out in terms of networking when we do testing later because it’s very tricky to implement it for an online PvP game.
10. Will there be features for friends/clans?
We’re very interested in adding more community features. When we deem we have enough base content then we will move on to work on friends/clan related community features.
11. Will more than one game mode be playable on one map?
As we have a small number of staff we’re currently focusing on making a few maps but each with distinctive goal/rules
12. What will rank progression accomplice?
Ranks will be related to level-up rewards and customization.
13. Will you add different skill sets for existing characters?
At the moment, we’ve already added/adjusted internally some skills for certain characters we thought needed to be adjusted. It’s not technically difficult to add skills but we received quite a few feedbacks from newcomers that the control is difficult as is, so we’re being a bit cautious about this as it will make the control more complicated.
14. Is this game modeled for casual gameplay, or competitive gameplay?
The game’s control is not entirely newbie-friendly as far as what we’ve seen. We’re leaning slightly more towards hardcore gamers but we want to keep game sessions short.
15. Do you have any plan to do something akin to the Indiegogo campaign again?
Not at the moment. We’ve decided to focus only on the development for now.
16. Will there be a story mode?
We want to add story mode but it’s very difficult to do that with our current man power. We may consider it in the future when we’re in a better shape.
17. Is the team planning to try and work on team play or one on one play?
We’re focusing more on team-play and 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, and 4 vs. 4 will be our main focus.
18. Is there any plan on making this game an E-sport?
At the moment, it’s difficult to say. However, in the future if the game becomes successful, we may consider doing something like that.
19. Will there be spectator mode?
We also felt the necessity of spectator mode. It will be added in the future.
20. Will there be passive skills?
Yes, it will be added in the future. We’re currently discussing on how to implement it in terms of gameplay.
21. When is the game officially coming out?
We’re aiming for the first half of 2014.
22. Will there be voicechat feature in the game?
We’re not planning to add voicechat. There are some technical conflicts between the engine and Steamworks, which creates a lag in gameplay when using a voicechat.
We recommend you use a third party voice chat application.
23. Will there be replay system?
We’re not planning to add replay system.