V113 - 22nd of November
Today we launch a new version of Verdun! During this week as a result of the update in the graphics engine to a new version appeared to be malfunctioning, we sustained some delay. The subsequent rollback of this update cost several days of fixing. The past month have been one big effort to implement the new "picardie" map which was poised to launch early this week as well. It will see the light of day at the beginning of next week. This update fixes the introduced performance issues, adds the binoculars and changes the gameplay of the frontline gamemode.
If there are any issues, please report in this topic, we will put it on our to-do list. Thanks for participating in the Verdun Early Access Beta!
-Matt, Mike & Jos
- Performance issues introduced in V109 have been fixed
- Aiming of the character now more accurate (fixed sideways shooting issue)
- Graphics improvement of Argonne map
- Lightmap fixed on the Argonne map
- German Jaeger squad early war uniform now has the M1914 jaeger shako
- The Poilu Caporal, Landser Unterofizier, Chasseur Guide and jaeger Oberjager now have have receive the binoculars. Binoculars can be used to mark targets for artillery or set distance objectives (using Q). In addition you are able to bash with the binoculars.
- Random artillery is now being fired on the map
- Fixed foliage error
- Frontline gamemode update: per round there is 1 attack faction and 1 defending. Once the round is over, the defenders will go to counter-attack.
- Frontline gamemode update: attacking faction is not allowed to enter final spawn
- Frontline gamemode update: defending faction is not allowed to enter enemy territory captured (tactical withdrawal).
- Frontline gamemode update: Spawning now more tactical. Attackers and defenders now spawn 1 line behind the current contested objective, unless they can spawn with a squad member. (Jaegers and chasseurs can spawn with any squad member, Poilus and Landers only with their captain (Caporal and unteroffizier)
Some teasers of the new map Picardie which will be live soon:
Graphics update of the Argonne map