is today's generation getting dumber
I am in today's gaming generation but my first game was for the game boy, i grew up with classic games, every kid in school hates old stuff and each year a cod game comes out; they go crazy i mean they don't even remember the game they spent $60.00 on TWO freaking years ago, and yet its gonna be the same when cod mw5 comes out! Not only that they believe these games got a 0/10

Super Mario Bros
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Legend of Zelda ocirina of time
Perfect dark
Half life
Half life 2

The idiots spend $60.00 bucks on a 4-6 hour game that has inferior graphics, cruel community, HORRENDUS story, and VERY linear (Yet they worship it). and say that $10.00 - $20.00 games that have mindblowing physics, great graphics, and AMAZING story are considered the worst games of all time. THEY SAY ACTION 52 IS BETTER THAN THOSE GAME!
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 71 ความเห็น
You are incorrect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Standard IQs have increased steadily over time since the 1930s

You're also comparing $60 in todays dollars with those in the 80s. Standard of living costs have given people especially since the 80s significantly more disposable income than previously possible. Thus not only have costs increased by dipsosable income has increased and thus allowing for higher pricing of items.

All your post is saying is that YOU don't like particular kind of game. Which is fine for you but it has little bearing on whether the generation is getting 'dumber'. All it means is that you don't like modern games.

And really? Bad story and linear? Please tell me how any games of old were not BOTH of those a good 80% of the time. You have nostalgia glasses on. That's it.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Satoru; 20 ก.พ. 2013 @ 5: 03pm
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:
You are incorrect

iq's yes, just being plain smart and respectful NO. Kids back then were taught to respect stuff even if they hate it
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:
You are incorrect

You're also comparing $60 in todays dollars with those in the 80s. Standard of living costs have given people especially since the 80s significantly more disposable income than previously possible. Thus not only have costs increased by dipsosable income has increased and thus allowing for higher pricing of items.

All your post is saying is that YOU don't like particular kind of game. Which is fine for you but it has little bearing on whether the generation is getting 'dumber'. All it means is that you don't like modern games.

And really? Bad story and linear? Please tell me how any games of old were not BOTH of those a good 80% of the time. You have nostalgia glasses on. That's it.
MY FIRST GAME WAS IN 2006 and it was SMW, and metroid, Zelda, Half life were non linear
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:
You are incorrect

iq's yes, just being plain smart and respectful NO. Kids back then were taught to respect stuff even if they hate it

Your question was 'is today's generation getting dumber'. IQ tests from the 30s onward show this is not the case.

Your question was not about 'respect' and your OP doesn't even mention it.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:
MY FIRST GAME WAS IN 2006 and it was SMW, and metroid, Zelda, Half life were non linear

Then get off my damned lawn, kiddo. There are plenty of Steam users who've been gaming since before you could walk. :P
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

Your question was 'is today's generation getting dumber'. IQ tests from the 30s onward show this is not the case.

im saying kids these day wouldent know a classic and will keep on making gaminmg worse
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

My first games were Pong, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders and writing my own choose your own adventure games in BASIC.

What awesome story did Metroid have? I can assure you in the original Japanese the story wasn't great. The only 'gotcha' was if you did the perfect ending and found out Samus was a girl. But the 'story' was non-existant.

HL was linear. It's a great game but don't pretend it wasn't 'linear'. It had miniscule load tiems because it broek up the game into tiny tiny micro levels.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Satoru; 20 ก.พ. 2013 @ 5: 20pm
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:

im saying kids these day wouldent know a classic and will keep on making gaminmg worse

Why should they? Those of us who started gaming in the late 70s and early 80s wouldn't go back if you paid us. PC Gaming today is light years ahead of where we came from.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

My first games were Pong, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders.

What awesome story did Metroid have?
the awesome story was told on the back of the box
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย dirrtygsharp:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

Why should they? Those of us who started gaming in the late 70s and early 80s wouldn't go back if you paid us. PC Gaming today is light years ahead of where we came from.
but then they actually cared about gameplay over graphics or at leatds balanced both
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:

You're apparently not keeping track

Dishonored
Walking Dead
Xcom Enemy Unknown

Skyrim
Batman Arkham Asylum
Portal2
Uncharted 3
Deus Ex : HR

Heavy Rain
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2

There are plenty of great games coming out. You choose to ignore them apparently
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

but then they actually cared about gameplay over graphics or at leatds balanced both

The Atari meltdown of teh 80s is a perfect counter example of this. The Nintendo Seal of Approval was specifically designed due to the utter tripe that was mareketed out from Atari. And for every Zelda or Metroid, there were 10 other terrible games like Superman 64, Pit Fighter, and Wayne's World.

AVGN and other reviewers make a living reviewing infamously terrible games from the past. The fact that no one has run out of terrible game to review shows that stuff wasn't 'better' in the old days.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Satoru; 20 ก.พ. 2013 @ 5: 49pm
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

Stop telling lies. I can name several games that have compelling stories that can keep people addicted for months...if not years. From my old memory: Fallout3, KOTOR, Far Cry, Deus Ex, Skyrim, Bioshock, Everything involving Half-Life, oh, Black Mesa Source, the Grand Theft Auto series (massive open worlds), and yes, even the Call of Duty franchise.

Okay allow me to clear something about IQ. There are really three diffferent ways to measure an IQ and most people are average in IQ rating generally. Any brainiac who goes to them impossible to get in private intellect schools will tell you they have 3 ways to check your intellect to see if you're a true genius or a fluke that only rated high in one out of the three ways.
I lol anytime somebody yells "my IQ is 150 what is yours not 150? Then STFU."
Me: "Oh, you got me genius. Too bad there are 3 factors that measure IQ. Congratulations, you're so smart you didn't even know there's a 3 quiz requirement to being ranked literally smart."

Now to the OP. I agree that today's gaming generation disappoints me that they're excited about big franchises such as bf, WAW, GR, COD & Halo franchises. Only in that even though these games are good at what they do-they hinder true creativity & originally in the shooter genre of gaming. They're Mass popularity forces talented devs to go dumb and create crappy clones in hopes of catching the cash by impulsive gamers.

However, the problem isn't their intelligence. Its the fact that they don't see that they're doing exactly what these boss gaming corporations want. Ignore the fact that the Game companies aren't coming out with new material. They're making easy money. Matter of fact, this factor escaladed to the point that the game companies don't have to explain themselves for stealing ideas from other games or repeating storylines they've regurgitated from past failed games-(COD:BO2 for example or Ubisoft's own saga of Assassin's Creed) -fanboys are willing to kill if you even joke about their favorite games being duds when it counts. This is what disappoints me.

I, too would complain about 60 USD games, but now with the next-gen consoles (ex.PS4) You're new game costs above $60 jumping into the $75 USD range (not including tax).

That doesn't matter to me, I buy them games a couple month/years down the road on sales or find a FTP game that offers almost all the same features as the expensive (now I got to have it) franchise game. Not even factoring my friends willing to (force) me to play the game and maybe renting it so they can play with me...
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Satoru:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย kaglaw:

You're apparently not keeping track

Dishonored
Walking Dead
Xcom Enemy Unknown

Skyrim
Batman Arkham Asylum
Portal2
Uncharted 3
Deus Ex : HR

Heavy Rain
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2

There are plenty of great games coming out. You choose to ignore them apparently
portal 2 is my favoirite game of all time, the kids only pay atttention to madden and cod who is john madden anyway he dosent look like a football player, or at least what the avgn said
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 71 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50