Angelpichu Aug 20, 2014 @ 1:14pm
Steam Market listing expiration?
How long does it normally take for a listing to expire and return the item to your inventory? I remember seeing a few expired and returned items before in my history, and was curious. I know I can manually de-list, I'd just like to know when Steam decides my item won't sell at its price and returns it to my inventory.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Brujeira Aug 20, 2014 @ 1:38pm 
I don't think anyone knows for sure... a quick Google came up with this answer of 236 days:

http://www.slayer00.net/blog/5

He's wrong though. I had stuff that I'd listed on September 1st that also expired on March 13th - a little less than 200 days. I'd guess that they stay up indefinitely unless the market starts getting clogged up with long-term, unsold listings... then Steam step in and run a script to cancel them.
Last edited by Brujeira; Aug 20, 2014 @ 1:38pm
Originally posted by Brujeira:
I don't think anyone knows for sure... a quick Google came up with this answer of 236 days:

http://www.slayer00.net/blog/5

He's wrong though. I had stuff that I'd listed on September 1st that also expired on March 13th - a little less than 200 days. I'd guess that they stay up indefinitely unless the market starts getting clogged up with long-term, unsold listings... then Steam step in and run a script to cancel them.
Do they return to your inventory?
Slay___ May 12, 2015 @ 12:41pm 
Originally posted by 脊髄 - 25をアンマイナス:
Do they return to your inventory?
Yes.
Johnny Apr 1, 2017 @ 2:45am 
does it really go back to your inventory when it expired
Slay___ Apr 1, 2017 @ 2:52am 
Originally posted by HitmanElite:
does it really go back to your inventory when it expired
Why wouldn't it go?
[1DoD] Dodge Apr 2, 2017 @ 1:48pm 
If something you post on the market expires... You might as well just keep it, turn it to gems, or sell it for a lower price and take the slight loss.
pablo Feb 20, 2018 @ 5:49am 
Listings expire after 180 days. I listed around 30,000 cases on the market around 6 months ago.

I've sold 13,000 & have had to re-list all the other ones.
I have listed some items in March and they show listing expired and never got them back in my inventory. Is there a fix for this ?
it is 6 months exactly, i just had 2 items return to me (March 1st), and i checked when i posted them, it was August 31st.
AmsterdamHeavy Mar 4, 2019 @ 4:56pm 
I have stuff at minimum that was listed last march 8th.
м Mar 5, 2019 @ 1:30am 
i didn't even know that market things can expire, to be honest. first time i hear that.

my stuff is up there for ages sometimes
Okey Dec 6, 2020 @ 6:17am 
what if you buy something in the community market, will it expire in your inventory?
Wolf Knight Dec 6, 2020 @ 6:21am 
Originally posted by X0Wacky_Boy0X:
what if you buy something in the community market, will it expire in your inventory?
most items = no
some items do expire, but that will be shown when viewing the items. during the major sales events, there are cards that only last for a limited time after the event, the expiration date and time is displayed when viewing the item
pincate. Jan 24, 2021 @ 1:54pm 
Ive had listings from mid july 2020 (200 days ago now) return to my inventory, these were mainly grafitis that were listed at £0.03 :milkchan:
secondacc Feb 7, 2021 @ 3:55pm 
But what would happen if your inventory is full?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 20, 2014 @ 1:14pm