Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Steam for Mac > Trådoplysninger
autiste 19. juli 2013 kl. 12:10
Steam crash on startup when plugging USB mouse
Hello !

I have a Perixx MX-2000 mouse (a very good mouse for the price !) and a Macbook. The problem is : when I launch Steam with the mouse plugged in, Steam instantly crashes and I cannot even force quit it (I have to hard reboot).

The mouse clearly functions very well for everything else (had to debug one or two files) but Steam doesn't accept it.

The fun part is : I wanted to play L4D with a friend. I can launch the game without the mouse plugged in, I can plug the mouse once on the title screen, but then Steam bugs and we can't play (solo mode works very well).

If anyone has an idea...

Thanks !
< >
Viser 1-15 af 17 kommentarer
Stivenberg 19. juli 2013 kl. 12:14 
I got a Logitech mouse, that works fine! But when I quit Steam with the mouse plugged in Steam crashes and takes 5 min to get closed!
autiste 19. juli 2013 kl. 12:49 
Thanks man. The "my mouse works fine" answer is always really helpful.
CheesePie13 19. juli 2013 kl. 17:31 
I'm having the exact same problem with the same mouse, on windows it works perfectly but when I plug it in my mac it freezes steam
autiste 25. juli 2013 kl. 1:34 
I found a solution : start your game from steam with the trackpad. Plug the mouse only when you are in game (i.e. after title menus and loading screens).
Crimbles 25. juli 2013 kl. 12:06 
I have (pretty much) the same issue with the same mouse on a Macbook Pro.

Oprindeligt skrevet af autiste:
I found a solution : start your game from steam with the trackpad. Plug the mouse only when you are in game (i.e. after title menus and loading screens).

This crashes Steam and my game (Borderlands 2) for me. The best workaround I've found is booting with the mouse plugged in and launching Steam. Steam gives you the beachball of death for AGES, then launches. Same with Borderlands 2. Once Steam (finally) opens, launch the game (though I've only tested with BL2), wait for ages - typically 15 minutes or so - then it'll be fine unless you disconnect and reconnect your mouse.

I've been dealing with this issue for over a month now and I'd really love a proper fix for this. At the moment I need to know I want to play a game half an hour in advance.
Exp1red 17. aug. 2013 kl. 12:23 
Has anyone got an update on this one?. Just Purchased a Perixx mouse and it seems to totally dislike steam and im not quite sure why, it works with everything else on my mac. If I start up steam with the mouse plugged in it takes like 30 mins to start up, then games seem to be a little more unstable.. is there anything that can be done. Is it purely a steam thing?, worth trading the mouse in for a razer or something? - cheers guys
Crimbles 18. aug. 2013 kl. 18:39 
Figured it out. Perixx stuff doesn't have Mac drivers, so Steam kinda freaks out. They're looking at releasing drivers at some point, but I'm not sure when. I ended up just getting a new mouse.
autiste 20. aug. 2013 kl. 9:28 
Plugging the mouse only when you are in game works for all the game currently in my library. This doesn't resolve the Steam crash issue (when you end your game session, you still get the beachball of death) but delays it enough to play.
Fresh_D 9. sep. 2013 kl. 10:52 
Got the same problem with my "Sharkoon - Drakonia Black". Bought the mouse extra for gaming Dota on my Macbook Pro and it totaly crashes on startup. Also when plugging in the mouse when Dota is already startet almost everything crashs. I really hope that Steam is working on that problem!!!
Sidst redigeret af Fresh_D; 9. sep. 2013 kl. 10:53
Riwels 9. sep. 2013 kl. 11:02 
Is there any error message in console? Maybe it gives a hint to report a bug.
Geone 9. sep. 2013 kl. 12:00 
Good Idea!
Fresh_D 10. sep. 2013 kl. 6:16 
I didn't found any error message because every time it happens i had to restart my Macbook. Is there a methode to get a report when steam is not crushing the "ordinary" way?
Sidst redigeret af Fresh_D; 10. sep. 2013 kl. 6:16
N-word Scissorhands 19. sep. 2013 kl. 18:09 
I have tried everything to fix this. I even reformatted my entire drive only to discover it was in fact my new mouse. I have a brand new Cooler Master Havoc its an 8200 dpi laser mouse. It seems like people are having problems with just gaming mice. I sent in a ticket today hopefully there will be some helpful explanation or fix
DOCTING 22. sep. 2013 kl. 9:48 
looking at the log, no 'special' errors pop up (I have an error on launch normally, weirdly).
I agree it seems to be something to do with not having a mac-compatable mouse, but out of interest do any of you guys have antivirus? I get a load of error reports sent after steam hangs. <edit: this doesn't always happen so was probably a coincidence>
Also, do you have problems launching games, as in insane loading times before the screen loads?
Sidst redigeret af DOCTING; 22. sep. 2013 kl. 9:50
N-word Scissorhands 22. sep. 2013 kl. 10:49 
I wound up just installing bootcamp and now everything is gravy. It is definitely just gaming mice that make Mac (if you don't get rid of the appleHIDMouse registry) and Steam both explode. This has been an ongoing issue for 4 years (according to forum posts) and I doubt its going anywhere. Nice job Steaming pile
< >
Viser 1-15 af 17 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Steam for Mac > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 19. juli 2013 kl. 12:10