[SLT ST] The Hunter Jun 11, 2013 @ 2:29am
Dota 2 for Mac OS X
There HAS to be a Mac version of Dota 2 released soon. It's just not fair. Now before you go all rage about "Why the hell are you using mac for gaming!?!?!?" and "Mac is crap for gaming!!" because I know and I did not choose to use a Mac, my family is basically mac based so I didn't really have a choice.

\/ Acctually Important and Interesting Information \/

I might be getting a Windows laptop soon but thats beside the point as many other mac users will have this problem. I'm not sure but I think that Dota 2 is just a mod type thing for World of Warcraft, which is a game that runs on Mac. An alpha Mac build would be abbsoutely fine (Unless it's absolutely crap) for now, just something would be fantastic. I hope others know how I feel, well not really, but it woudl nice to know that I am not the only one suffering. Thius wuld also be good, as more people in my situation means more people to go on some random protest and spam Steam Support. I REALLY hope that a mac build of Dota 2 is released soon, as it would effect many players around the world and bring happyness to their OS X based computing systems. Come on Valve, don't let us down!!
Showing 1-15 of 98 comments
< >
For Why? Jun 11, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
Dota 2 is in Alpha, I guess when the game is officially released Valve will make an official Mac version/client.
lividly Jun 11, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
i have the same problem hunter, hate is what fuels you to be stronger person so just let them say what they want, hopefully dota2 for mac will be released soon, seems like an intresting game.
rshKa Jun 12, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
[SLT ST] The Hunter Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:31am 
Originally posted by Admiral Llamas:
Dota 2 is in Alpha
Ahh, I see, I didn't know that. Now I'm not as mad at Valve XD
Sector Protector Jun 13, 2013 @ 5:42am 
My dream is Dota 2 on Mac ^^
ASanti05 Jun 13, 2013 @ 7:07am 
I feel you. I am like this with any game now a days. There should be a mac version for all of the games. Mac has grown to be a prominet fixture for many homes, and an excellent gaming machine.
{Упоротый}Montes332 Jun 13, 2013 @ 7:22am 
кто из России
iNquisitiOn Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:21am 
я из росии!!! и я давно играю в Dota 2, но у нас дома у всех Mac, мне пришлось установить себе Windows, но это не операционка, а хлам!!!! Еслибы не дота я бы ее не установил ни за что!!! Жду не дождусь Dota 2 on Mac!!!
iNquisitiOn Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:22am 
Please make Mac Version!!!!!
Lithium Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:12am 
have dota 2 for mac would be nice
Android Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:26am 
good
Russbull Jul 8, 2013 @ 3:02am 
give it to me =)
Fatboy X80 Jul 8, 2013 @ 8:54am 
good
Fatboy X80 Jul 8, 2013 @ 8:54am 
:)
Jeaz Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:01am 
Originally posted by Admiral Llamas:
Dota 2 is in Alpha, I guess when the game is officially released Valve will make an official Mac version/client.
In alpha? Dota 2 has been in beta for years, and is scheduled to go "gold" to use an old term, before the Dota 2 Invitational Tournament at the end of the summer.

That said, a long time ago, they said that they'd focus on making the Windows version first, and then release the Mac version after launch. But considering it's made in Source, and the actual engine is already ported to Mac, I don't think it'll take "too" long, maybe even this year.
Showing 1-15 of 98 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 11, 2013 @ 2:29am