lost_highway 2012 年 12 月 25 日 下午 9:18
Controller working fine in Big Picture but not in game.
Hi all,

I've recently set up my Wii Classic Controller Pro to work with Steam in Big Picture mode.
I'm using wjoy to get Steam to recognize the controller and I was able to get it set up and all the buttons/joysticks mapped in the Big Picture mode options.
However, when I start a game (in this case Portal 2, which apparently has full controller support) the controller doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 5 条,共 5 条留言
SeraphSword 2012 年 12 月 25 日 下午 11:43 
Full controller support does not mean that the game supports all controllers. It just means that for the controllers it does support, you never need a keyboard. Partial support means you may need the keyboard/mouse for certain things.

Most likely Portal 2 does not support the Wii controller.
BRA\\\ 2012 年 12 月 26 日 上午 12:53 
I was also confused by the "full controller support" label, assuming that 2 products of the same company would have some consistency. My Dualshock 3 (playstation controller) works perfectly in Big Picture but is a pain to set up in-game (still working on it).

If your controller is not using Xinput, it will probably not work out of the box for Source games(and many other games). If you are lucky and are not of afraid of using the console, you can bind the buttons manually and create your own config file. This article was very helpful when I tried setting up my Dualshock 3 on Mac.
Try these 2 commands below.
joy_advanced 1
and
joy_display_input 1
When you now use the joysticks on your gamepad they should echo information to the console. If nothing happens they aren't supported at all. It is possible to emulate an Xinput controller on WIndows but I haven't found any software like that for Mac.
最后由 BRA\\\ 编辑于; 2012 年 12 月 26 日 上午 1:04
lost_highway 2012 年 12 月 26 日 上午 1:29 
引用自 co.bra
I was also confused by the "full controller support" label, assuming that 2 products of the same company would have some consistency. My Dualshock 3 (playstation controller) works perfectly in Big Picture but is a pain to set up in-game (still working on it).

If your controller is not using Xinput, it will probably not work out of the box for Source games(and many other games). If you are lucky and are not of afraid of using the console, you can bind the buttons manually and create your own config file. This article was very helpful when I tried setting up my Dualshock 3 on Mac.
Try these 2 commands below.
joy_advanced 1
and
joy_display_input 1
When you now use the joysticks on your gamepad they should echo information to the console. If nothing happens they aren't supported at all. It is possible to emulate an Xinput controller on WIndows but I haven't found any software like that for Mac.

Thanks for the help, great info.

It's pretty annoying though. Hopefully in the future we can look forward to a more seamless experience ;)
humzahumour 2013 年 8 月 27 日 下午 3:20 
Sorry I know I am a bit late (just under One year) but I just started to use my classic controller pro with steam in big picture mode. I stumbled into the same problem as you. Then I discovered Joy2Key it can map keyboard keys to your classic controller. So you will have to take some time to map out the keys for your games. But it's worth it. (BTW I haven't checked if Joy2Key is compatible with Mac's
lost_highway 2013 年 8 月 30 日 上午 5:13 
Hey, thanks for the reply.. I've been using a program called Darwiin Remote that does the same thing you suggested. The only trouble is maping the analog sticks doesn't really work. So for games where that's required I've pretty much given up.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 5 条,共 5 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50

发帖日期: 2012 年 12 月 25 日 下午 9:18
回复数: 5