กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Steam for Mac > รายละเอียดกระทู้
Deleting Local Content File
Hi everybody,
My HD doesn't have enough space to install TF2, so I uninstalled Portal and Half-Life 2. Both games were backed up to the Cloud, and I deleted the local files and nothing changed in disk space. I searched the web for answers, and found a bunch telling me to delete the common folder of the game. After I did, I checked and still nothing happened. I tried reinstalling then uninstalling, only to have my disk space knocked down even MORE.
Please help with this, as it is affecting my overall CPU performance!
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-6 จาก 6 ความเห็น
Have you emptied your Trash recently? Until you empty it you won't see any change in the amount of disk space available. Just moving files/folders to the Trash can is the equivalent of marking them ready for deletion, you need to empty it to free up the disc space.
Anyone else know what to do about this? Of course I checked my Recycle bin, I'm not an idiot and I'm sure the OP wasn't either but everyone says it.

What's the deal? Why does steam do this?
How do you uninstall games? Do you alt click -> delete local content in steam? Or do you just trash game shortcuts to the recycle bin?
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Perfect Player; 8 ต.ค. 2013 @ 5: 07pm
Just to make sure- go to ~/Library/Application support/Steam folder; press CMD+i and see for yourself how much disk space does Steam uses.
@OP disk space has nothing to do with CPU performance -- it either placebo effect or something else slowing down your computer.
^ He probably doesn't mean cpu performance he means overall performance. A full harddrive will slow your computer right down.
Thank you for the replies - I have found the problem, it was simply the CleanMyDrive status bar taking 24 hours to actually update to the correct number of GB free.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-6 จาก 6 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50

กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Steam for Mac > รายละเอียดกระทู้