multicolored spinning wheel. I lowered the graphic settings, stopped the
steam sync while playing (suggested in a forum), cleared the local data and
re-installed the game. The game starts up perfectly normal but then I load
my game and after giving a few commands it freezes. When it does I can't
bring up the dashboard or any other key commands on my mac keyboard. No
force quit no nothing, the music keeps playing. The only way to stop it is
to force shut down and restart. I am playing my third game and the first
two had this happen maybe once or twice. Now I can't play for more than a
few minutes. What else do I do? I'm feeling perplexed.

I read on your page to adjust the Terrain Tessellation Level from Low or
off. I turned it to high and it ran longer than normal. This time it was
when I was in the tech tree looking at researchers and it was when I moved
my mouse away from the text window that explains the tech (econmics
specifically I think, has the windmill...). This has triggered freezes a
few times, but nothing is a sure fire trigger. I also read about someone
who had a similar issue and this solved it for them. Is it possible my save
file is corrupted from all the time it has crashed?

I am running Maverick OS X 10.9 with a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5 and have the
4gb 1333Mhz DDR3 for RAM

my graphics card is an intel HD graphics 3000 384 MB

I met all the requirements as I was able to play before. I do leave steam
open while I play, as per licensing I can't run it without. Is the problem
my mac spending too much memory on steam and civ?
< >
Viser 112 av 12 kommentarer
Lantern 24. des. 2013 kl. 10.00 
try to unistall civ then reinstall it again.
SeraphSword 24. des. 2013 kl. 22.14 
Unfortunately i believe your video card is unsupported. The Steam page for Civ 5 lists the HD 4000 as the minimum. I think your best bet is to hope that a fix or workaround comes along. If you have access to another computer i would try that, since you bought it on Steam a PC or Mac will do.
jpf9000 27. des. 2013 kl. 11.51 
Thanks for the advice. I have been communicating with aspyr and the solution they offered was:

This is a known issue which we are currently working with Apple to fully resolve.

http://support.aspyr.com/entries/22318399-Civilization-V-is-randomly-freezing-on-Intel-HD-3000-equipped-Macs-

Please move your saves folder to your desktop then delete your entire Civilization V folder from Documents/Aspyr.

Then, repair your disk permissions (if you have not done so already). To do this, Open up your hard drive, open the Applications folder, go to Utilities, and launch 'Disk Utility'. Under 'First Aid', select your main hard drive volume (usually labeled 'Macintosh HD') and hit 'Repair Disk Permissions'. Once this is complete, reboot your Mac.

Relaunch Civilization V and set your Terrain Tessellation graphics option to high, then exit out of the game. Replace your saves folder to its original directory to resume your game progress.

DIdn't do anything really. I loaded it back up and it froze in the tutorial windows. I guess Maverick just screws it all up bad.

What someone should do with this problem is go back to mountain lion or whateever and then install civ v.
i101 8. mars 2014 kl. 15.39 
Hi there, I've got the same problem. Is there a fix out yet?
jpf9000 14. mars 2014 kl. 1.24 
I adjust a few more settings, its about keeping the terrain tesselation low and having the combat animations off, i shut down the movement ones too. ease the work on the graphics card while letting the game run as much of the video it wants to.
EazyErick 28. mai 2014 kl. 9.59 
I haven't played civ in a while and just started up a new game last night and I seem to be having the same problem. I have played 200 hours on my macbook before and have never had this problem. It seems the update to OS mavericks may have rendered the game unplayable? is it perhaps something on the part of steam? I don't know what to do, I just want to play some Civ.
i101 29. mai 2014 kl. 6.49 
@ProbablyNotErick: From what I understand this error is caused thru the addon Brave New World. On CivFanatics.com other Users reported that the game DOES NOT crash when playing on Windows via Bootcamp. Its sad that Aspyr has no interest in fixing this.
jpf9000 4. juni 2014 kl. 12.17 
hey guys, the thing to do is to turn off combat movement and turn up tesselation terrain to high, adjust the graphic settings to lower too, this will keep it from happening 98% of the time. it will happen occasionally to me, but the game is playable. freezes happen when the game wants to prompt me and im doing something irregular in game, like looking up a research
Vortex Bird 6. jan. 2015 kl. 17.31 
Dude! exact same thing happened to me, and the info was super helpful. Thanks!
genebot 18. jan. 2015 kl. 2.27 
Same problem running Yosemite. I'll try turning down the graphics and report back.
The Messiah 13. nov. 2015 kl. 17.16 
I'm having the same problem. and nothing works. all my graphics are turned down and anything un necessary is turned off.
*JillyBear 14. nov. 2015 kl. 2.13 
I do have moments where my POTATO mac freezes but all I do is just wait. it loads soooo slow and when I press something (thinking I crashed) it gets worse. So I jsut wait and not press anything and it usually works!
Sist redigert av *JillyBear; 14. nov. 2015 kl. 2.13
< >
Viser 112 av 12 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 24. des. 2013 kl. 0.04