Összes téma > Steam fórumok > Steam for Mac > Téma részletei
Arma 3.
Ive been watching some youtube videos and ive gotten interested in the arma 3 game. I have arma 2 and I love it but I suffer lag in it. Anyone know why the arma series wont make it available for mac? Its a tad weird, such a great game and I think they would have more customers if it wasnt just available for windows. Anyone agree?
< >
115/19 megjegyzés mutatása
Porting is difficult, and Bohemia games are based on a lot of windows specific progresses etc... If you really want to run it, either set up some thing through wineskin or get bootcamp
Wineskin? Bootcamp? What do those do may you explain please?
bondpat eredeti hozzászólása:
Porting is difficult, and Bohemia games are based on a lot of windows specific progresses etc... If you really want to run it, either set up some thing through wineskin or get bootcamp
Wineskin is a tool which can rap a .exe file into a mac friendly executible. Very buggy, some skills required but its open source and free. Bootcamp installs windows onto your mac on a hardrive partition, not buggy, easy to set up, and officially the only supported way to get windows on your mac (by apple) BUT, you have to buy a windows liscense.
bondpat eredeti hozzászólása:
Wineskin is a tool which can rap a .exe file into a mac friendly executible. Very buggy, some skills required but its open source and free. Bootcamp installs windows onto your mac on a hardrive partition, not buggy, easy to set up, and officially the only supported way to get windows on your mac (by apple) BUT, you have to buy a windows liscense.

Ok thanks ill try out Wineskin, since I dont actually have a cd loader in my mac. Just a plain mac where cd's arent allowed basically XD. Thank you a lot for your help. Ill comment back if i have more questions.
I would check if anyone has already made a "Skin" for arma 3, and published it. This makes a lot less work for you
wineskin "sucks" don't bother. I have no disc drive on my Imac either. (I do have one external) I tried bootcamp for 3 days and could not get it to work/install.
There is another option. It's called Parallel's. I use it and run many PC games and windows8. (I use the install disc I bought for my windows machine (which I don't use any more since getting the Mac). It also lets you run OSX and win at the same time.
looks like this. The windows screen can be any size and full screen. I have actually run boarderlands 2 on OSX and F1 2012 in windows AT THE SAME TIME with no lag in either one.

http://www.portranet.com/pics/macandwin8.jpg
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Ron ︻气デ 一; 2014. márc. 9., 10:29
Some games won't work - most do. I have not tried ARMA 3. I like to wait for a free play weekend to download and TRY a game before I buy the PC version to play on my Mac. Else I look for demo's. I just tried MASS EFFECT 2 and the demo worked so I bought it and installed and it the PC version runs fine with some very minor graphics flaws, but plays well. I also just started playing COD modern warfare 3 which is SUPERB and PC only. The nice thing about steam is - you can buy PC version. (I bought PC version of latest tomb raider) played it a week and the Mac version was released. I could just re-download the mac version from steam (FREE) as I had already bought PC version and I changed over to the Mac version. (Both run the same) but Mac version seems better graphicially.
Google Parallels for Mac
I'd like to see if we could start a forum topic on here for games that run fine on parallels for Mac people. Of course it would depend on each Mac if it has different hardware.
Ron eredeti hozzászólása:
I'd like to see if we could start a forum topic on here for games that run fine on parallels for Mac people. Of course it would depend on each Mac if it has different hardware.

Thanks I have downloaded it about to download DayZ and try it out. Thanks for commenting.
Ron eredeti hozzászólása:
Some games won't work - most do. I have not tried ARMA 3. I like to wait for a free play weekend to download and TRY a game before I buy the PC version to play on my Mac. Else I look for demo's. I just tried MASS EFFECT 2 and the demo worked so I bought it and installed and it the PC version runs fine with some very minor graphics flaws, but plays well. I also just started playing COD modern warfare 3 which is SUPERB and PC only. The nice thing about steam is - you can buy PC version. (I bought PC version of latest tomb raider) played it a week and the Mac version was released. I could just re-download the mac version from steam (FREE) as I had already bought PC version and I changed over to the Mac version. (Both run the same) but Mac version seems better graphicially.

I just tryed running DayZ and it gives me a error message for almost all my games. If you find a different one please let me know.
I exchange Payday2 against Arma 3 add to make
выыфыфыфыфыфыфы
Good game everyone should own a copy.
< >
115/19 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Összes téma > Steam fórumok > Steam for Mac > Téma részletei
Közzétéve: 2014. márc. 7., 17:56