Poly Feb 17 @ 5:06am
Steam crashes when going into fullscreen video
Whenever i click the button to watch a video in fullscreen mode the Steam App just crashes....

Anyone else experience this?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Ron Feb 17 @ 8:16am 
everyone with Mac does... solution: "don't do it"
ZHWAYNEX Feb 17 @ 5:56pm 
What Ron says, mine does as well.
Talkbox Terror Feb 17 @ 9:13pm 
dont click fullscreen- thats what we get for gaming on macs
Poly Feb 18 @ 12:05am 
What?!
But i have that issue since 3or4 months! And there were multiple steam updates inbetween...
Meow Mix's chicken liver Feb 18 @ 8:45pm 
happens to me too
Skreem4Me Mar 5 @ 7:12pm 
Happens to me too every time and also, sometimes Steam just won't quit. I can't "Force Quit" or force choke. :-) I learned my lesson after trying to go full screen about 12 or 13 times. hahaha It's aggravating for sure.
mentholmeow Apr 8 @ 11:53am 
Good news! It seems that the latest update to Adobe Flash (version 13.0.0.182) fixed the Steam Client full screen crash issue.

Update: I spoke too soon! After writing this post, I retested and the crash happens again everytime. :(

It worked exactly once, right after installing the flash player/plug-in update.
I think it might be because I've just installed the plugin i.e. the permission to install as an administrator is still in effect when I made steam play a game trailer in full screen. Then, after the privilege expired, OS X is no longer allowing the flash plugin to play in full screen thus crashing steam.
Last edited by mentholmeow; Apr 8 @ 12:12pm
Ron Apr 10 @ 9:07am 
doesn't all that admin crap drive you nuts. I hated it with windows and I hate it almost as much on Mac. how many PC or Mac owners have a "admin" on payroll. ;-) As a "personal" computer all that admin securty crap should just eliminate itself from the OS. I'm the ADMIN don't ask me if I am - (wouldn't someone lie anyway?)
Deadmeat Apr 10 @ 2:10pm 
asdfa
Derp Derpington Apr 10 @ 8:13pm 
I don't bother with fullscreen, no one with a mac does
Last edited by Derp Derpington; Apr 10 @ 8:13pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17 @ 5:06am