Poly Feb 17, 2014 @ 5:06am
Steam crashes when going into fullscreen video
Whenever i click the button to watch a video in fullscreen mode the Steam App just crashes....

Anyone else experience this?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
everyone with Mac does... solution: "don't do it"
RADICARL Feb 17, 2014 @ 5:56pm 
What Ron says, mine does as well.
Talkbox Terror Feb 17, 2014 @ 9:13pm 
dont click fullscreen- thats what we get for gaming on macs
Poly Feb 18, 2014 @ 12:05am 
What?!
But i have that issue since 3or4 months! And there were multiple steam updates inbetween...
happens to me too
Skreem4Me Mar 5, 2014 @ 7:12pm 
Happens to me too every time and also, sometimes Steam just won't quit. I can't "Force Quit" or force choke. :-) I learned my lesson after trying to go full screen about 12 or 13 times. hahaha It's aggravating for sure.
mentholmeow Apr 8, 2014 @ 11:53am 
Good news! It seems that the latest update to Adobe Flash (version 13.0.0.182) fixed the Steam Client full screen crash issue.

Update: I spoke too soon! After writing this post, I retested and the crash happens again everytime. :(

It worked exactly once, right after installing the flash player/plug-in update.
I think it might be because I've just installed the plugin i.e. the permission to install as an administrator is still in effect when I made steam play a game trailer in full screen. Then, after the privilege expired, OS X is no longer allowing the flash plugin to play in full screen thus crashing steam.
Last edited by mentholmeow; Apr 8, 2014 @ 12:12pm
doesn't all that admin crap drive you nuts. I hated it with windows and I hate it almost as much on Mac. how many PC or Mac owners have a "admin" on payroll. ;-) As a "personal" computer all that admin securty crap should just eliminate itself from the OS. I'm the ADMIN don't ask me if I am - (wouldn't someone lie anyway?)
asdfa
Ian Apr 10, 2014 @ 8:13pm 
I don't bother with fullscreen, no one with a mac does
Last edited by Ian; Apr 10, 2014 @ 8:13pm
audiophil Aug 11, 2015 @ 8:40pm 
Still happening on various macs with current version as of August 11th 2015. I am getting tired of years of taking support calls from customers who don't know how to use keyboard commands to quite or force quit blacked out apps. Valve needs to window the fullscreen video or disable the damn button.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 17, 2014 @ 5:06am