How can i create tf2 mvm dedicated server
exusme how can i create a tf2 mvm dedicated server? mod MVM?
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 17 коментара
I don't know if it will help you (I hope it will :D) but here are some links to install a tf2 dedicated server and how to set it in mvm mode :

Installation : https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

MVM mod : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6656-IAZN-7933
but i must have installed the normal server true?
I haven't installed a tf2 or mvm server but yes, i suppose that you only need to install the normal tf2 server with steamcmd and then configure it to run in mvm mode like it is explained in the second link
Thanks....you resolved the problem that i try to resolvo for a days...:D
But the first guides...i try for create tf2 server normal hdlsupdate tool without steamcmd...
I think that hldsupdate no longer works for tf2 dedicated servers. It is still used for some games but not tf2 I think. I had that problem too when searching about making a CS:S dedicated server and I found that we have to use steamcmd now :D
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean ^^" . But what you sent is about making a tf2 dedicated server with Windows and here you work with Linux don't you ?
but for exemple from steamcmd for install server tf2 i must write app_update 232250 validate? And wait the installation?
ho provato a mettere app_update 232250 validate ma mi dice failed to install app 232250 no subscription...eppure prima ho fatto force_install_dir C:\Server\TF2
With linux :

- Create a new user : For example the user steamgamescmd : useradd -m -b /home steamgamescmd

- Then connect with this new user : su - steamgamescmd

- type wget http://media.steampowered.com/client/steamcmd_linux.tar.gz to download steamcmd

- type tar -xvzf steamcmd_linux.tar.gz to extract the downloaded file

- type ./steamcmd.sh to open steamcmd

- type login anonymous to login anonymously (if the tf2 server download doen't work try to log in with a steam account but if you log with an account remember to do like it is said in the developer page about steamcmd : "You must log out of the regular Steam client in order to properly log in to SteamCMD Update Tool")

- then type force_install_dir /full/path/to/tf2-ds/ : tf2-ds is the folder where the files will be downloaded and stored. If you followed exactly what I said the path should be : /home/steamgamescmd/tf2-ds but you'll have to verify that it is correct.

- Now type app_update 232250 validate to download your tf2 dedicated server

- Wait for the download to finish

- Type quit to exit steamcmd

- You're done !
Последно редактиран от Caquisse; 4 юли 2013 в 15:04
Are you working with Linux or with Windows ?
If somebody reads this one day : he couldn't download the server because he was logging in with his steam account to download it. When he logged in anonymously it worked so it seems that some downloads need to be connected anonymously and other need to be connected with an account. To conclude : try to download anonymously first with the command login anonymous , and if this does not work try to connect with a Steam account.
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 17 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Дата на публикуване: 4 юли 2013 в 14:10
Публикации: 17