All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Keramane Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:22am
Looking for a solid Turn-Based Strategy
I've got a craving for turn-based strategy and I've gone and misplaced my Final Fantasy Tactics disc >_> I've played and beaten XCom: Enemy Unknown already and am looking for something of a similar ilk, though it needn't be aliens or marines or whatever. Anything works.

Steam's store section clumps Strategy together with such a broad brush that I can't seem to find anythihng of that specific style of gaming. I wish there was a better filter, but hey, the Steam community knows its games, and I'm open to suggestions!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Τhe Rolling Oven Roasted Turkey Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:31am 
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Oven Roasted Turkey; Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:32am
Keramane Apr 6, 2013 @ 1:42am 
Omerta - I've been told - is utter garbage, like almost everything Kalypso put out.
lart Apr 6, 2013 @ 2:18am 
I'd say give Silent Storm a try, the original one. Compared to Xcom the graphics may be a bit dated, but the overall gameplay, the physics, destructable terrain make this game still a blast.
I just saw it's only available on Steam Greenlight if you need it on Steam or i.e. on GoG for $9.99 right now for the gold edition.
Last edited by lart; Apr 6, 2013 @ 2:19am
Keramane Apr 6, 2013 @ 5:48am 
Mm, I enjoy them, but I was more looking for something closer to the XCom. Skirmishes with turn-based movement and such rather than turn based overall gameplay, if that makes any sense.

Side note: XCom on Classic and Ironman.. it's a suffering on par with Dark Souls XD
Pheace Apr 6, 2013 @ 6:18am 
Originally posted by TheBDK:
Omerta City of Gangsters, very much like Xcom but with a mafia setting

Barely resembles it at all to be honest. Sure the combat is 'sort of' similar, yet a lot worse in every way. Cover spots are randomly placed and often misplaced, barely work, and the enemy just rushes making it pointless. Love the setting but it's nowhere near the same quality.
Baked Beans Sep 6, 2013 @ 7:29am

This is a great turn based real physics post apocalyptic permadeath skill based multiplayer sandbox gang management car wars 3d simulator. It has a F2p mode that lets you sample most of the gameplay and a low subscription fee to unlock the sandbox world.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:22am