Alla diskussioner > Steam-forum > Off Topic > Ämnesdetaljer
should I buy the r9 270x gaming edition or the GTX 760
just wondering. this is the rest of my build
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mikhas/saved/LJQG3C
< >
Visar 1-15 av 18 kommentarer
Fork_Q2 4 jul, 2014 @ 12:15 
Just eye-balling the benchmark results, they look roughly equal.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1038
Senast ändrad av Fork_Q2; 4 jul, 2014 @ 12:16
the framrates shown are those the lowest framrates or the highest they can get?
Ursprungligen skrivet av Fork_Q:
Just eye-balling the benchmark results, they look roughly equal.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1038
Fork_Q2 4 jul, 2014 @ 12:28 
Good point, can't believe I missed that. It's almost certainly going to be the average score.
Bad Aim 4 jul, 2014 @ 12:33 
Personally, I would stay away from AMD for gaming... But my personal experiance has been nothing but bad when it comes to AMD CPU's. I also am not a big fan of Seagate, but I know a lot of people who swear by that company.

If you can wait a few more months on the video card, I would highly recomend that you get one of the GeForce 800 series. They are suppose to be coming out this year.
Bad Aim 4 jul, 2014 @ 12:45 
I guess I should explain why I am not a fan of Seagate...

A long time ago, Western Digital use to offer a lifetime warrenty on thier hard drives. If the hard drive should fail due to age or manufacturer fault, they would replace it with a new one; either the same one or one of equal value.

During that time, I had built a NEW 486-DX80 computer with a Western Digital 250MB hard drive. (That was considered a very big hard drive, at the time)

This same hard drive is in my second computer... I am still waiting for the damn thing to fail so I can send it in and get a more modern hard drive for free! The damn thing will. not. die. And I refuse to damage it in any way that might void the warrenty. (I still have the receipt for the original computer and hard drive from a now closed computer shop)

I have owned Seagate hard drives in the past... And they are ok... But I have never seen a hard drive bought in 1993 still functioning perfectly well today.
im on a budget of 600-650 dollars.. the gtx 800 series will probaly be really expensive
Ursprungligen skrivet av Robinton29:

A long time ago, Western Digital use to offer a lifetime warrenty on thier hard drives. If the hard drive should fail due to age or manufacturer fault, they would replace it with a new one; either the same one or one of equal value.

During that time, I had built a NEW 486-DX80 computer with a Western Digital 250MB hard drive. (That was considered a very big hard drive, at the time)

This same hard drive is in my second computer... I am still waiting for the damn thing to fail so I can send it in and get a more modern hard drive for free! The damn thing will. not. die. And I refuse to damage it in any way that might void the warrenty. (I still have the receipt for the original computer and hard drive from a now closed computer shop)

I have owned Seagate hard drives in the past... And they are ok... But I have never seen a hard drive bought in 1993 still functioning perfectly well today.
Bad Aim 4 jul, 2014 @ 13:23 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Mikha.:
im on a budget of 600-650 dollars.. the gtx 800 series will probaly be really expensive

I agree, the higher end 800 series graphics card will be really expencive. But you are not really going for the high end graphics cards. The mid range graphics cards will most likely be priced a few dollars above the mid range 700 series.

Another thing is, when the 800 series comes out, most computer stores are going to want to get rid of thier stock of 700 series cards, so you can expect to see some decent sales.
Senast ändrad av Bad Aim; 4 jul, 2014 @ 13:24
Dwerklesberry 4 jul, 2014 @ 17:38 
Personally, I would stay away from AMD for gaming... But my personal experiance has been nothing but bad when it comes to AMD CPU's. I also am not a big fan of Seagate, but I know a lot of people who swear by that company.

If you can wait a few more months on the video card, I would highly recomend that you get one of the GeForce 800 series. They are suppose to be coming out this year.

Amd cpu's have nothing to do with their gpu's.

Amd cpu's have been under performing, their gpu's were from ati which they bought, and those compete neck and neck with NVidia's releases. In fact the fastest current card is amd's r295x which beats the NVidia titan Z like a baby seal in both performance and price.
Senast ändrad av Dwerklesberry; 4 jul, 2014 @ 17:39
Bad Aim 4 jul, 2014 @ 18:37 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Dwerklesberry:

Amd cpu's have been under performing, their gpu's were from ati which they bought, and those compete neck and neck with NVidia's releases. In fact the fastest current card is amd's r295x which beats the NVidia titan Z like a baby seal in both performance and price.

Sorry, but I think you are a little confussed on my statement.

I do not like AMD CPU's due to a bad experiance I had with them in the past. (end of statement and thought process regarding CPU's)

(New thought process regarding video cards) I would recomend the 800 series of Nvidia's video cards that are suppose to be released sometime this year.

I am fully aware that AMD bought out ATI. I dislike AMD because of a bad product I bought and the customer service (or lack thereof) offered to me. Please do not connect the two.

Besides, I would also like to make the arguement that the Titan series is WAY over kill for modern games...

Senast ändrad av Bad Aim; 4 jul, 2014 @ 18:40
Ursprungligen skrivet av Dwerklesberry:

I do not like AMD CPU's due to a bad experiance I had with them in the past. (end of statement and thought process regarding CPU's)

(New thought process regarding video cards) I would recomend the 800 series of Nvidia's video cards that are suppose to be released sometime this year.

I am fully aware that AMD bought out ATI. I dislike AMD because of a bad product I bought and the customer service (or lack thereof) offered to me. Please do not connect the two.

Besides, I would also like to make the arguement that the Titan series is WAY over kill for modern games...

Well the titan isn't really, 4k let alone multi panel 4 is a problem for it being that it just doesn't have enough outputs, plus its double the price of amd's card which is faster. It was a botched card release because they underestimated amd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tseWkngtY

Both companies have their problems. Just go look at nvidias record on just abandoning the bugs in their dx10 cards which lead to crashes in games like tf2. There are long threads on it in both ssteam discussions and steampowered forum, years long, and no end in sight for any fix, its a known problem, and they will just let it die by letting those cards age out.

AMD's richard huddy explaining why some of nvidias middleware might be problematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uoD8YKwtww

Bad Aim 4 jul, 2014 @ 19:03 
Ursprungligen skrivet av MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:

Well the titan isn't really, 4k let alone multi panel 4 is a problem for it being that it just doesn't have enough outputs, plus its double the price of amd's card which is faster. It was a botched card release because they underestimated amd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tseWkngtY

Both companies have their problems. Just go look at nvidias record on just abandoning the bugs in their dx10 cards which lead to crashes in games like tf2. There are long threads on it in both ssteam discussions and steampowered forum, years long, and no end in sight for any fix, its a known problem, and they will just let it die by letting those cards age out.

AMD's richard huddy explaining why some of nvidias middleware might be problematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uoD8YKwtww

To be perfectly honest, I was totally into ATI until AMD bought them. I use to dislike (and still do to an extent) Nvidia. The company I really liked was 3Dfx. But after they went under and Nvidia totally screwed them, I was forced into ATI vs Nvidia. Creative Labs did a little bit of messing around in the video card market, but they only released one card (to my knowlage) in the states, and it really wasn't all that good of a card.

AMD upset me very bad on thier CPU I bought. And because of that, I will never do business with them again.

And lets be honest with each other, if it wasn't for 3Dfx, Nvidia and ATI wouldn't be the power houses they are today. We can thank 3Dfx technology for what we have today. 3Dfx is the one that basicly invented the stand alone video card and SLI.
You are going to have to explain whats wrong with their cpu because its not really a valid criticism if its just your personal experience with customer service based on an isolated incident. Nvidia rigging middleware and ignoring issues that affect thousands of dx10 card users and other shennigans are not isolated incidents.

While 3dfx gets some credit they were prone to pushing their own proprietary api nonsense, which was hardly a good thing for the industry. and the prices of 3dfx cards would make the modern gamers eyes bleed, esp if adjusted for inflation.
Senast ändrad av MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™; 4 jul, 2014 @ 19:08
Bad Aim 4 jul, 2014 @ 19:16 
Ursprungligen skrivet av MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™:
You are going to have to explain whats wrong with their cpu because its not really a valid criticism if its just your personal experience with customer service based on an isolated incident. Nvidia rigging middleware and ignoring issues that affect thousands of dx10 card users and other shennigans are not isolated incidents.

While 3dfx gets some credit they were prone to pushing their own proprietary api nonsense, which was hardly a good thing for the industry. and the prices of 3dfx cards would make the modern gamers eyes bleed, esp if adjusted for inflation.

The early models of AMD CPU's had a floating ground. This made the CPU's highly unstable, causing windows 98 (at the time, that was the newest OS on the market) to blue screen constantly.

When contacted, AMD would basicly say they were sorry, but they had no fixes, no plans to fix the problem, they were aware of the problem, and no RMA would be issued because there was nothing they could do about it.

It got so bad that I had to do a clean install of Windows 98 on a weekly basis just so I could play games.

As for 3Dfx, Thier prices were slightly higher then the compitition. This was actually a good deal because the Voodoo 3 could out perform any card on the market at that time. The Voodoo 5 5500 was kind of a bust, but that was more because 3Dfx went out of business shortly after the 5500 came out.

Most serious gamers of that time really wanted the Voodoo series of cards because the anti-aliasing of the Voodoo line of cards was way beyond anything Nvidia or any other card company could pull off.
Senast ändrad av Bad Aim; 4 jul, 2014 @ 19:30
win 98 was 16 years ago 0.o

"floating ground" issue was either so old or obscure it just doesn't bring up any search results
Honestly you might have not just been persistent enough, or the issue was just not wide spread enough to get attention because amd cpu's "crashing windows" hasn't been a wide spread problem in the years since, or ever really.

3dfx was fast but they leveraged that advantage to try to lock out the competition with their proprietary api, not good for the customer, if one is arguing whether one company is good to support vs another, it wasn't pro consumer in any way.

Honestly every company has problems, and yours is so old and so oscure it just doesn't make sense to advise against buying amd because of that at this point.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774666&page=72

Just look at that. An official nvidia dev finally posted in the thread but nothing came of it. They won't acknowledge fault because either its too expensive and time consuming to fix, or its unfixable, aka defective product design. In any case, that thread started early 2011..... nvidia's solution, go pound dirt or buy a new card..... this is now, not 16 years ago. Those users were left hoping for a fix for years...

< >
Visar 1-15 av 18 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Alla diskussioner > Steam-forum > Off Topic > Ämnesdetaljer
Datum skrivet: 4 jul, 2014 @ 11:36