All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
EA/Origin email login not working
Hi! My Origin account that I use for Sims 4 works perfectly fine when I log into the Origin Client using my Origin ID and password. I recieve and can make use of password reset emails, however the website and client state that, when I CORRECTLY enter my email that the 'email or password is incorrect.'
I can't contact them without logging in WHICH I CAN'T DO, no one will tell anyone what their customer support email is, and the only one I know of is defunct. Phoning them leaves you on hold for an hour, and I can't post this on their forum becuase that requires an email login. Apparently, misentered gmail accounts can still recieve emails from EA if they are close enough to the correct one.
I'm hugely into modding, and EA's Sims 4 content sharing 'Gallery' requires an Email login. I'm tired of this. It's been nearly 6 months and I'm honestly sick of EA. Origin is frustrating, and their money-grabbing Sims Freeplay antics are getting rediculous. If ANYONE can help, without sending me to their godforsaken 'contact us' page that would be great, thanks.
Also, I'm only twelve so I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Thanks!
- Phoebe
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Last edited by 😼Studio Cat😼; May 1, 2016 @ 10:24am
Calzone May 1, 2016 @ 10:25am 
I can help you if you give me your password. ;)
Originally posted by Bilbro Swaggins:
Stop that.
Oliver May 30, 2016 @ 6:13pm 
I have a similar issue with the sims and origins; i have the sims 3. Recently I updated the sims ( i pushed off updating it for a while) and after i restarted it because it was acting slow. I then go back to my desktop and find that i cant start the game up. I logged into origin beforehand, but for some reason the sims 3 is the ONLY game on my origin downloads that isn't functioning properly. It could be that ive downloaded a lot of stuff from the sims resources, but I honestly don't know what to do. Then again, this might be a separate issue from yours, but i don't know what's going on. I have restarted my computer a few times but it doesn't help.
76561198063124591 May 30, 2016 @ 6:32pm 
Originally posted by Bilbro Swaggins:
The password, as your request:

Washell May 30, 2016 @ 6:42pm 
I've had a lot of issues a couple years back when EA started tying all their services together. In the end, I discovered that, say, on the Bioware site they would accept special characters (!@#$%^&*), store the password in your global EA account, and then refuse to accept special characters in the input field of the Origin client. Once I simplified my password to letters and numbers only, everything started working fine.

@IronicStatements: all the third party downloads should be in documents\electronic arts\The sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. Just copy them out of there to see if the game will start then, just don't load the savegame, and if you do load it, definitely don't save it.
deepspacenoot May 31, 2016 @ 1:09pm 
Originally posted by 🐱ⓢtudio ⓒat🐱:
Go through this. They have an "I can't log in option."
https://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/
You are a lifesaver! I'll sort it. Thank you!!!
BossGalaga May 31, 2016 @ 1:54pm 
Originally posted by phoebe15288:
Originally posted by 🐱ⓢtudio ⓒat🐱:
Go through this. They have an "I can't log in option."
https://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/
You are a lifesaver! I'll sort it. Thank you!!!

In the future, instead of coming to the Steam forums to ask for EA support and having another user google that for you...you should just try googling it.

Give a man a google, he'll google for a day. Teach a man to google, he'll have google for life.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: May 1, 2016 @ 10:15am