mika (Banned) Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:04pm
Would like to record a video of my Gameplay.
As the title states, I just wanna do it for the hell of it.Is there any program you guys can recommend I use that might be free or has a free trial at least>? I have no idea how to do that stuff iam 37 could be a Dad to most of you guys here lol. I just wanted to make a few gameplay videos to show some buddys on xbox live why They schould come over to PC gaming!......I keep telling them nothing can compare to the freedom and pure power of the Pc but they still dont believe me. Help me change there minds?> Thanks guys.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Marble Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:17pm 
If you have an Nvidia graphics card (GTX 650 or higher), the functionality is built into the drivers (ShadowPlay).

Other than that, you have various software solutions such as Fraps, Dxtory or Bandicam. There are also hardware capture devices that can capture any HDMI input such as Elgato or HDVPR2.
mika (Banned) Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:21pm 
I have a EVGA gtx 580 and a Pair of Radeon 6970s lol. I know fraps has a utility but its pretty hard on the Cpu for recording. Are any of these free btw? Thanks so much.
SilentHorizon Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:26pm 
I have one for ya that is great!! MSI afterburner video caputer.

It is an overclocking tool, but it also comes with a gameplay capturer that works really well!!!!
Last edited by SilentHorizon; Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:26pm
Astraea Kisaragi Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:34pm 
I use Bandicam, pretty happy how simple to use it is. For some reason I didn't liked Fraps - perhaps cause I wanted capture stuff on my desktop, and Fraps is too specified for games. Though in your case you might like it. Most of those has a free version, just try them on your own.
KKiONI Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by Fx 9370@5ghz:
I have a EVGA gtx 580 and a Pair of Radeon 6970s lol. I know fraps has a utility but its pretty hard on the Cpu for recording. Are any of these free btw? Thanks so much.
Fraps has a free trial, but it only allows up to around 30 seconds of recorded footage per capture.

As an alternative, you can try using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS):
https://obsproject.com/

It's technically a program used to stream video to places like Twitch, but the program also supports exporting a broadcast to a file. It also has some nifty features that let you customize the video feed to add multiple auidio/picture/video sources to the view and scale/move them as you please. The best part is it's all free.
Last edited by KKiONI; Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:39pm
Bad 💀 Motha Apr 18, 2014 @ 1:07pm 
BandiCam does everything Fraps does, but for free.
Afterburner is good, but its Video Capture w/ Audio doesn't work right unless u use the latest BETA version.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Apr 18, 2014 @ 1:08pm
PLANTROON Apr 18, 2014 @ 3:03pm 
Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
BandiCam does everything Fraps does, but for free.
Afterburner is good, but its Video Capture w/ Audio doesn't work right unless u use the latest BETA version.
BandiCam isn't free :(
KKiONI Apr 18, 2014 @ 3:11pm 
There is a free "unregistered" version you can get. Although, clips are limited to 10 minutes and a watermark is placed on your video.

I really do recommend giving OBS a try. I have used it for normal capture and it works very well.
mika (Banned) Apr 18, 2014 @ 3:51pm 
Ten minute is more then enough for someone like me, and the WaterMark is ok too lol. Iam gonna look it up now.Thanks much.
Bad 💀 Motha Apr 18, 2014 @ 9:45pm 
Originally posted by PLANTROON:
BandiCam isn't free :(

Must have changed then. Back when I used it it was completely free, no recording limits.

Anyways yea just use Afterburner, least it does more than just video/screen capture.
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html
PLANTROON Apr 18, 2014 @ 11:57pm 
I was messing with screen recorders recently
BandiCam was THE BEST but those limitations stopped me from using it
For OBS you need a pretty strong CPU, otherwise it will skip all the gameplay and only record voice + black screen
Afterburner seems to be the most viable solution but it's not well featured imho.
mika (Banned) Apr 19, 2014 @ 7:20am 
Ok I was looking through my Msi Afterburner app and nowhere did I find a feature to record Gameplay- I have screen capture I can toggle by pressing f1- I set it up that way but I didnt see an option to record video anywhere guys. My old eyes cant find it lol, Does it need to be the latest version of Afterburner>? I think my version is really old.
Marble Apr 19, 2014 @ 7:42am 
Why would you not be using the latest version?

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
mika (Banned) Apr 19, 2014 @ 8:22am 
I dont i just used the Cd-Install utility that came with one of my old video cards. Iam downloading from the link you just posted.Thank you. I was wondering why my Gtx 580 was voltage locked lol, this explains alot.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:04pm