AUTISTIC BISCUIT (Bloqueado) 4 MAR 2014 a las 12:50
Win 7 automatically orginazes the items in folder
I added a items to a folder and I had them in the exact order that I wanted them, but when I closed the folder all the items went into Alpabetical order, which is not what I wanted. How can I stop this from Happening?
< >
Mostrando 1-10 de 10 comentarios
_I_ 4 MAR 2014 a las 12:53 
pick on views -> details
sort by date
AUTISTIC BISCUIT (Bloqueado) 4 MAR 2014 a las 13:14 
Publicado originalmente por _I_:
pick on views -> details
sort by date
Yea, but I dont want to sort it by date either. I want the items to stay in the exactorder that I put them in the folder.
TeKraken 4 MAR 2014 a las 13:20 
What are the file types?
Some files can be rated in their properties and then sorted by that rating.
AUTISTIC BISCUIT (Bloqueado) 5 MAR 2014 a las 11:23 
They are PDF files
_I_ 5 MAR 2014 a las 11:33 
or you can rename them, 1 - .... ect..
Bad 💀 Motha 5 MAR 2014 a las 13:21 
If u want a precise/exact order, then I would rename them and add ### at the beginning, then simply sort by Name. Or some other method that works for you.

Another way (most people forget is there) is that you have "Sort by" and "Group by" options in each folder. Easy way to get to that is when folder is open, hit ALT key, then click on View. Notice SORT and GROUP options. Each one of those has a "More" option. From in there you can select to add more available selections via checkboxes. Perhaps something in there will work for you.

If it is school or work related, most likely "Sort by Date" might work best. As a means of re-sorting them by Date in either Desending/Assending order.
Última edición por Bad 💀 Motha; 5 MAR 2014 a las 13:21
AUTISTIC BISCUIT (Bloqueado) 5 MAR 2014 a las 13:36 
Here is a short list of the items so I can give a better idea of what I am trying to do. Adding Numbers to the items is not ideal since I will be sending these files to clients and since I have counter offer one and two and Addendums one and two, it will be confusing.

Counter offer 1
Counter offer 2
RPA
BIA
Addendums 1-2

I want to be able to keep the items in this order, but maybe I can't. Would be very dissapointed in Win 7 if I couldnt do that
Bad 💀 Motha 5 MAR 2014 a las 13:45 
Any OS is going to have this "sorting" issue. U have a ton of options there, learn to use them and what all is there.
HunterKiller 6 MAR 2014 a las 4:09 
Place the number you want for each at the beginning and it will list them accordingly. That's all there is to it. I had to do that with folders I listed in the names of the months of the year and it kept listing them alphabetically. I put #'s in front, from 1-12 and it worked. 1-Jan, 2-Feb and the like.
Última edición por HunterKiller; 6 MAR 2014 a las 4:10
SameToken 15 MAR 2014 a las 15:41 
Allowing user-indexed files and displaying them in that order would be a slow process, instead the OS will quickly order according to predefined data. Using number sequences at the start indeed seems like your best bet.
Última edición por SameToken; 15 MAR 2014 a las 15:41
< >
Mostrando 1-10 de 10 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 4 MAR 2014 a las 12:50