Will a GTX 750 perform well with my CPU/Setup?
Hey guys, so i decided to make a cheap but hopefully efficient upgrade in my PC before replacing it with a better one so it can hold on a bit more time with games.

The setup is:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @2.5 GHz
8 GB DDR3 Ram
Radeon HD 4650 1GB
300w PSU

So, if i replace the HD 4650 with a GTX 750 (non-ti) will it go fine or is there any chance my cpu will bottlekneck that GPU?
And even if there would be bottlekneck would it still be worth the upgrade? I mean would i still see a major improvement in my FPS?
I actually already bought the GTX 750 for $110 so theres no way back, but i would like to know if i'll be pleased with the results. :B1:
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-6 z 6 komentarzy
Air 2 lipca 2014 o 14:52 
I don't believe that you'll experience much bottleneck with that CPU.
Also, yes, you will definitely see an improvement from that old HD 4650.
bchuvz 2 lipca 2014 o 15:21 
You would be better off with a Radeon R7 260X for that price point. The Nvidia card is an upgrade but not the best you can buy at that price range. If you can return the card, I'd recommend getting the R7 260X.

http://www.hwcompare.com/17103/geforce-gtx-750-vs-radeon-r7-260x/
bchuvz 2 lipca 2014 o 15:25 
http://www.hwcompare.com/17228/geforce-gtx-750-vs-radeon-hd-4650-1gb/

Here is the comparison to your current card. If you're fine with this upgrade in power don't worry about returning the card. When the time comes to build your next PC, check price points and benchmarks to get the best deal for your money.
shiel 2 lipca 2014 o 15:53 
The radeon might require a bigger psu though...
๖danyboy 2 lipca 2014 o 16:17 
Początkowo opublikowane przez 3UL3|\|713R:
http://www.hwcompare.com/17228/geforce-gtx-750-vs-radeon-hd-4650-1gb/

Here is the comparison to your current card. If you're fine with this upgrade in power don't worry about returning the card. When the time comes to build your next PC, check price points and benchmarks to get the best deal for your money.

Początkowo opublikowane przez shiel:
The radeon might require a bigger psu though...

I agree with you, i would certainly prefer an R7 260x, and actually was one of my choices... but like shiel said it requires a bigger psu, so i would've needed to pay extra for a psu and i'm aiming at not spending much money in upgrading this pc cause it's just overall too old and not worthy, so i think $110 for a not far away from the 260X GPU would do the job here, cause if i invest any more money in this PC, better just start saving for a newer one... anyway really appreciate your assistance man!! :)

And BTW thanks for the website, looks like a sweet one for GPU comparisons! :B1:

Ostatnio edytowany przez: ๖danyboy; 2 lipca 2014 o 16:29
๖danyboy 2 lipca 2014 o 16:22 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Air:
I don't believe that you'll experience much bottleneck with that CPU.
Also, yes, you will definitely see an improvement from that old HD 4650.

Ok, thanks man it's kind of a relief when you tell me that, though i've read other people say it will affect a lot, others tell me it won't, but anyway let's hope your right man! Shouldn't be a major deal i guess ;)
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-6 z 6 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Data napisania: 2 lipca 2014 o 14:44