PC Upgrade advice
Hey steamers, my knowledge about computer stuff and how they run isn’t that great, but ill start off by laying out my rig

GPU: Geforce gtx 750 ti
CPU: Intel ® Core (TM) 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Memory 3.00 GB RAM
Windows 7

I got this setup about 5 months ago, apart from the graphics card, so I wanted to upgrade.
I recently purchased the Geforce gtx 750 ti, and I must say I am disappointed with the results of gaming. I was under the impression (going by all the video reviews) that I would at least be able to play my games at high settings, with no issues, and yet most still struggle to run on medium. There is some that I can play on ultra, such as blacklist and battlefield 3, but games like assassins creed black flag and far cry 3 have no chance . So my question, is my cpu and memory to weak to run this card at its full potential? What would be my best option in upgrading the cpu and ram? I wouldn’t want to spend much more than $350.00 aus, if to get the most out of this card.
Thanks
Laatst bewerkt door God's Gamer; 27 jul 2014 om 7:07
< >
1-15 van 38 reacties weergegeven
wow, virtually the same setup as me..i just got the 750ti and its not a bad card tbh, for such a low power card and its small compared to other beasts, ive got my pc clocked at 3.0ghz (tape mod)..

i would think the processor and memory will hold this card back from its full potential..i wasnt going to get a 750ti as i had the 650ti, but i got it at a very good price..

black flag and far cry 3 may still struggle even with a better cpu and memory mind you, as the GPU just isnt high end
thanks for sharing russy! I dont even know how to overclock, haha. The issue is, ive seen gamer videos playing those games on ultra settings with the 750 ti, so i assumed if i upgraded i could to the same.
Origineel geplaatst door russy23:
black flag and far cry 3 may still struggle even with a better cpu and memory mind you, as the GPU just isnt high end
Far Cry 3 would run well on that card at high settings. Black Flag... probably medium or high settings.
FPS (without Fraps)
Min: 19
Max: 31
Avg: 23

thats why he has ultra, the fps is lame, personally id want at least 45 min for everything to be smooth, the same setup would be alot better at high and still look fantastic
Core 2 was good in its day, but now its your bottle neck, so yea you just have to upgrade that cpu/motherboard, its past the point of saving.
The CPU will bottleneck you and most likely the RAM will too... I guess that they are some older 1033 or less right? ... with CPU you have to change the motherboard too
GTX 750 is good generally; your CPU and RAM are just not enough.
Upgrading though; yea take that GPU and put onto a new system. Especially if that Win7 is not 64bit

Games like FC3 and AC4 need decent CPU & GPU power. That GPU can do it. But not the rest of what u have there. And since nothing to upgrade in simple terms. New motherboard, CPU and DDR3 ram is needed.
Laatst bewerkt door Bad 💀 Motha; 27 jul 2014 om 7:55
oh ok i understand now.
FPS (without Fraps)
Min: 19
Max: 31
Avg: 23

thats why he has ultra, the fps is lame, personally id want at least 45 min for everything to be smooth, the same setup would be alot better at high and still look fantastic
im not sure what 1033 is sorry.
Origineel geplaatst door Nox:
The CPU will bottleneck you and most likely the RAM will too... I guess that they are some older 1033 or less right? ... with CPU you have to change the motherboard too
what ram and cpu would you recommend?
Origineel geplaatst door Bad-Motha:
GTX 750 is good generally; your CPU and RAM are just not enough.
Upgrading though; yea take that GPU and put onto a new system. Especially if that Win7 is not 64bit

Games like FC3 and AC4 need decent CPU & GPU power. That GPU can do it. But not the rest of what u have there. And since nothing to upgrade in simple terms. New motherboard, CPU and DDR3 ram is needed.
You dont just need new RAM and CPU, you also need a new Motherboard since your CPU is using socket 775 which is obsolete. There have been like 4 new mainstream Intel sockets since then I think.

Ideally go for 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM (preferably a 2x4GB kit, with Cas Latency CL9), an i3 4xxx or i5 4xxx and a motherboard with Intel B85 or better (better being H87, Z87, H97, Z97).
If your looking to upgrade, look for a built pc(not a named shop brand), without a independant GPU and Windows,,there are good buys out there, that what im thinkinng to do do next..
Laatst bewerkt door russy23; 27 jul 2014 om 9:58
If your looking to upgrade, look for a built pc, without a independant GPU and Windows,,there are good buys out there, that what im thinkinng to do do next..
eh, avoid prebuilt PCs. Often unbalanced and/or bad quality and inevitably overpriced.

Better build it yourself or at least get the individual parts and then pay a friend/shop a small fee to assemble it. That way you can get a configuration specifically tailored towards your needs, better quality parts and lower price.
Laatst bewerkt door Pomelo; 27 jul 2014 om 9:58
he could build his own but i think thats out of his comfort zone, yea i hear what ure saying but most the time they list all hardware used..
he could build his own but i think thats out of his comfort zone, yea i hear what ure saying but most the time they list all hardware used..

HP , and the rest of them usually use their own design motherboard with no extra PCIE slots on them, or if they have them they are the old type... so you be stuck with no possibility of upgrading anything other then maybe the ram and the cpu...and even thats a maybe....

this is especially true for lower end pre build PC's...

and then we haven't even gotten to the PSU part yet , alot of times those PSU in those systems are just enough to handle what's in the case , if you plan to upgrade then you will usually have to upgrade that aswell...

in other words ... pre-build is usually a bad idea....
Laatst bewerkt door Wampum Biskit; 27 jul 2014 om 11:16
< >
1-15 van 38 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 27 jul 2014 om 7:05
Aantal berichten: 38