34SY Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:15pm
Microphone stopped working in Steam, Skype and other programs
Hi there,
in the last couple of months I've had an issue with my microphone. 3 months ago everything was working fine. Then suddenly my mic stopped working in CS:GO (Steam) and other programs like Skype. The weird thing is that it perfectly works in Windows itself (green bar when testing) and TeamSpeak 3. When i test it in the Steamsettings the bar doesn't move at all except when I click 'detect recording devices', then there is a quiet clicking sound every time i press the button. When I unplug my headset, the clicking is gone.
The only thing I know is that it is an issue with my PC, i tested it with another headset wich works perfectly fine on my laptop but on my PC, it is the same as with my main headset. I have tried everything including updating my audio drivers and disabling Geforce Experience (wich lead to problems in 2015 according to this forum).
Thanks in advance.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Bad 💀 Motha Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:17pm 
Set it to the Default Mic
34SY Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:21pm 
Already did that.
Bad 💀 Motha Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:29pm 
If it is Analog device, then its possible the physical jack is broken/bad
34SY Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:33pm 
The problem is that the microphone works perfectly fine in programs like Teamspeak 3 and in Windows overall (Sound Recorder for example) but not in Steam.
Bad 💀 Motha Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:36pm 
Can u go to Steam > Settings > Voice
Screenshot it ALT+PrintScreen
Then save and share (You can paste it into MS Paint and save as JPG; upload in Steam > Username > Content > Artwork)
34SY Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:46pm 
I'm currently not on my PC. I'll do it later today.
Thanks for your help. Appreciated.
Bad 💀 Motha Apr 21, 2017 @ 5:50pm 
If you dont use Geforce Experience; uninstall it fully.
Best bet with that is run the DDU app; wipe out your NVIDIA GPU Drivers & software in a clean swoop; reboot and grab the latest NVIDIA Geforce Driver Version and install that and select Custom and untick all the extras except for Forceware and PhysX.

When done, go to Device Manager, find the NVIDIA HD Audio and disable that if you never use it.
34SY Apr 22, 2017 @ 5:42am 
Will do that. Thank you.
34SY Apr 23, 2017 @ 10:15am 
Didn't work :(
I don't think it's an issue with steam as it stopped working in other programs aswell.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 21, 2017 @ 4:15pm