Тема закрыта
Hey Steam, wanna sell twice as many games as you are now?
With things like the Humble Bundles and Steam Sales, collecting games has almost become as much fun as actually playing them. If steam could play off of this idea and give people a bit of an incentive to collect games, there could be a gold mine waiting.

A good idea to this could be to either A) Assign a trading card to each game or B) recieve a random gard for each game you own/purchase. Then create some sort of game in steam that uses these trading cards to battle similar to pokemon or magic or something to that effect. Allow users to trade/sell these cards. People would buy up games they don't own simply to receive more cards in their deck.
Отредактировано He_is_Legend; 19 дек. 2012 г. в 18:12
< >
Сообщения 16 из 6
Let's see.
I've seen people want Steam to be a music player, a video player, even a party hangout, but trading cards? That's got to top the list.

Anyway, the answer is no. They would never do that, nor would it sell twice as many games.
They already have a pretty well greased machine of selling a lot of games. It's called 'Steam Sale' Just wait for a day and see how many games they sell.
I agree the Steam Sales are big. Recall the last christmas sale. Steam implemented a small incentive system to buy games. It was the "coals". Certain achievements in games gave you another coal/game/coupon. This alone prompted myself and huge numbers of other steam users to buy games simply to get the achievement. Imagine that same sense of collecting and gaining achievement implemented into a simple card game. Many of the most successful games today are driven by a sense of achievement and a desire to get to the next level, unlock the next upgrade, unlock the next item, collect an assortment of items etc. If this was applied to buying games themselves and could be implemented in a global steam environment, in which owning certain cards gains the user a cetain level of respect (for example... tf2 hats), and not only respect but can be used to "battle" other users to show off their gains, I think the sales boosts would be huge.
Автор сообщения: steventheslayer
Let's see.
I've seen people want Steam to be a music player, a video player, even a party hangout, but trading cards? That's got to top the list.

Anyway, the answer is no. They would never do that, nor would it sell twice as many games.

The same idea, but to a much lesser extent was used for TF2. A huge driving force behind that game is collecting rare items. Sure, it's a great game, but the huge numbers it draws aren't because of the actual game itself but going after that rare item. If this was applied to an overall steam scale, not just inside one game, and the items themselves could actually be used from separate games, I have a hard time not believing it would be big.
Отредактировано He_is_Legend; 19 дек. 2012 г. в 18:08
No offense, but your two examples are bad ones.
The coal system failed miserably due to abuse.
And i'm pretty sure TF2 was popular before there was the whole "hat collecting" thing.
(Does Team Fotress 1 ring a bell?)
Автор сообщения: He_iz_legend
Many of the most successful games today are driven by a sense of achievement and a desire to get to the next level, unlock the next upgrade, unlock the next item, collect an assortment of items etc. If this was applied to buying games themselves and could be implemented in a global steam environment, in which owning certain cards gains the user a cetain level of respect (for example... tf2 hats), and not only respect but can be used to "battle" other users to show off their gains, I think the sales boosts would be huge.
While i don't share the 'achievement hunt' craze many people crave for, i know where you are coming from.
< >
Сообщения 16 из 6
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 19 дек. 2012 г. в 16:01