Schiller May 4, 2013 @ 4:48pm
PS+ like service on Steam?
I guess all PS3 owners can agree that PS+ is one of the best gaming services around, for a certain amount of money you get (a lot) free games, goodies, betas, early access etc. Now, would such a service be possible via Steam? Would you guys like that?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Dreakon13 May 4, 2013 @ 4:57pm 
As cheap as games are (and can get) on Steam, a service like that for free games doesn't seem particularly necessary. Betas and early access seem to be handled on a game by game basis already, which it probably should be. Cloud saves and stuff are already available, so making you pay for it now would be a bit of a smack in the face.

If they could come up with something that is really beneficial to PC gamers though... I think that'd be kinda cool. Not sure what that would be though.
Last edited by Dreakon13; May 4, 2013 @ 4:58pm
TheWebDoctor May 4, 2013 @ 6:09pm 
Vavle wants Steam to be free to everybody and not having ot pay for membership. Also Steam has some free games (not many) and Steam just added early access and betas.
Originally posted by Von Schiller:
I guess all PS3 owners can agree that PS+ is one of the best gaming services around, for a certain amount of money you get (a lot) free games, goodies, betas, early access etc. Now, would such a service be possible via Steam? Would you guys like that?
Last edited by TheWebDoctor; May 4, 2013 @ 6:10pm
Schiller May 4, 2013 @ 11:59pm 
Originally posted by Rashadjc:
Vavle wants Steam to be free to everybody and not having ot pay for membership. Also Steam has some free games (not many) and Steam just added early access and betas.

The subscription would be absolutely optional of course.
TheWebDoctor May 5, 2013 @ 12:01am 
I know I'm just saying Valve should keep it free for everybody.
Originally posted by Rashadjc:

The subscription would be absolutely optional of course.
Last edited by TheWebDoctor; May 5, 2013 @ 12:02am
ReBoot May 5, 2013 @ 4:56am 
I wouldn't pay for such a thing, but I can imagine that some people will.
However, I am quite sure of having read a Valve word on game rentals in the past.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 4, 2013 @ 4:48pm