Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Suggestions / Ideas > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Αυτό το θέμα έχει κλειδωθεί
Suggestion: Possible Phishing solution?
If this is implemented already, I haven't seen it anywhere.

Everyone knows how bad of a problem phishing is getting on Steam. To the more experienced Steam users, they know not to add random level 0 accounts, especially if they are private profiles. To the new users however, they don't know the risk, and they are most often the victims.

So, my suggestion is adding in an option where you can set the minimum level requirement (MLR) for a user to send you a friend request.

For example: Say a user named ShadowWolf didn't set the MLR. He could get friend requests from anyone, and everyone. OreMiner (Yeah, I'm pretty creative.) set the MLR to 5. This would block anyone under level 5 from sending him a request. (The sender would get a pop up saying, "Your level is too low to send this user a friend request." As most of us know, phishing bots tend to be level 0-1.

Tell me what you think!
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 297 σχόλια
Auto Block Friendship Requests Based On Certain Criteria
:antipiracy::antipiracy: Auto Block Friendship Requests Based On Certain Criteria :antipiracy::antipiracy:

Suggestion:
Allow Steam users to be pre-selective as to who can request friendship via settings. This filter would extend users the ability to determine automatic friend request block criteria if a certain Steam user doesn't match what is selected by account owner.

This would enable Steam users to auto block incoming friendship requests from users with any of but, not limited to the following:

Examples:

• Vac Ban Status.

• Trade Ban Status.

• Accounts under trade probation at any point in the users history.

• Steam users who have not enabled/activated Steam Guard.

• Specific Steam Level Criteria
    Example: Disallowing Level 0 etc.

• Blocking all incoming private profile accounts.

• Specific Steam Games Library Criteria
    Example: Disallowing Free to Play Only Accounts

• Allowing only Steam users with a common friend etc...
[/b][/list]
Effects:
Above are just a few features that would be extremely useful and would have a positive effect overall on a Steam users experience. Aside from less unwanted notification spam, this may also cut down on scam attempts in the community (i.e Phishing etc.). Thus, may also reduce Steam support tickets in regards to reports of Steam users claims of being scammed, effectively enabling the Steam support staff the ability of focusing their efforts in a more efficient and timely manner on more pressing issues.
Free to play only accounts:
I have no discrimination towards valid Free to Play Only (i.e DOTA 2, TF2 Players) accounts but, most beggars/scammers here on Steam tend to be Steam Level 0-5 Free to Play Accounts with close to nothing in their game libraries.

Anyways have a nice day everybody, I thank you all for your continued support of my suggestion.

As always, I'm looking forward to your opinions and feedback. I read each response but, choose not to artificially bump it by responding to you all, yet the responses have been fantastic since I created this last year!
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από SavageBeastZero; 19 Απρ 2015, 11:20
I would like this a lot. Good suggestion.
Why did this die :( ITs a great idea. I'm getting random friend invites from steam level 0's everyday :\ Would be nice if there was an auto block :P
Thanks for the support, I'm glad to see this thread finally become active again. :spazwinky::bigups:

Have a nice day everyone, see you in the forums. :mchand::spazwinky:
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από SavageBeastZero; 25 Αυγ 2014, 23:39
not having to deal with filthy beggers/scammers anymore?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8
There are a lot of you out there seriously with this issue ? I think I've gotten 1 maybe 2 friend requests I wasn't expecting (so to speak). I've only been a member for about a year and a half, but typically don't get friend requests. Not that I don't support the idea, I'm always up for giving more options and control to the users, I'm just genuinely curious.

I also have noticed that the people claiming to be scammed, or annoyed most by this requests issue, play Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2, neither of which game I play, so that may explain something...lol
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από TristanMike:
There are a lot of you out there seriously with this issue ? I think I've gotten 1 maybe 2 friend requests I wasn't expecting (so to speak). I've only been a member for about a year and a half, but typically don't get friend requests. Not that I don't support the idea, I'm always up for giving more options and control to the users, I'm just genuinely curious.

I also have noticed that the people claiming to be scammed, or annoyed most by this requests issue, play Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2, neither of which game I play, so that may explain something...lol

Yea those scam requests happen if you have a public profile and some valuable items in those games.
Fantastic idea.

Ever since i linked my steam account with ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, the scambots keep coming. Most of my inventory is made up of cases, and sticker capsules, so they have to be desperate to get my inventory.
I really like this idea, I'm pretty sure you also covered every problem taht people are encountering.
+1 this would be great

edit: there is many fake ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ links/sites on web
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Smokey; 11 Οκτ 2014, 8:52
"Allowing only Steam users with a common friend etc..." and "Steam users who have not enabled/activated Steam Guard."

These two are good ideas, I think they can work. But the others are just too easy for scammers to circumvent, they only have to open their accounts, raise their levels a bit more, buy a few more HumbleBundle keys to raise their game count, and so on. Disallowing F2P only gamers could hurt plenty of legitimate gamers however, especially if it's their alts.

Also good would be the option to automatically reject all requests regardless.

"Disallowing Steam users who tend to be unfriended shortly after a friendship began" is vague however, not sure how this will work.
I want this! i get like everyday friend requests from scammers..
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 297 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Suggestions / Ideas > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 23 Απρ 2015, 8:19
Αναρτήσεις: 297